Neds House Sold

Bombay Bad Boy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's none of anyones business.

Static: I'm not saying what anyone did was right, I'm just trying to put some a bit of perspective on this. Stacks of money spent all round, lives made hell, one guy nearly died even and for what? The dosh in question has all been paid back.

As posters on this topic on other bulletin boards have been threatened with legal action for their comments, I can't find the will to say anything about this event.

Nice profit though - one would hope that it would preclude you from claiming poverty at any appeal hearing.

We can then find something else to winge and speculate about!

Smoking, speeding, Manx Telecom and Celebrity Big Brother no doubt.

Well seeing as you mention it and just to get off this rather hot topic a moment, there was a letter in the Examiner today complaining about the queue in the Manx Telecom shop.

I too have suffered the hell that is the queue at MT on Victoria Street. You can queue for agaes and then told to sit in another queue to see one of the sales people.

If ever there was a demonstration of a monopoly at work and who don't need to compete, then this is it. (Apologies to the MT employees on this forum, I know you have very deep routed loyalties to your paymaster!)

That's none of anyones business.

Static: I'm not saying what anyone did was right, I'm just trying to put some a bit of perspective on this. Stacks of money spent all round, lives made hell, one guy nearly died even and for what? The dosh in question has all been paid back.

Slim - you say the 'dosh' in question has been paid back - are you saying the £90k or so that was taken in grants for tourist accommodation has all been paid back (to the DTI?).

I don't have any info on this, but would be very interested, happy and surprised if the full £90k of grants has been paid back into the coffers - could you please elaborate??

Cheers :)

Slim - you say the 'dosh' in question has been paid back - are you saying the £90k or so that was taken in grants for tourist accommodation has all been paid back (to the DTI?).

I don't have any info on this, but would be very interested, happy and surprised if the full £90k of grants has been paid back into the coffers - could you please elaborate??

The terms of the tourist grants are that if the properties sold in five years, the grant has to be repayed.

Agreed, Albert. I really don't know why anyone who isn't directly involved should still be bleating about this.

The grants have been repaid, the family - including the children - have suffered quite enough IMO.

They've moved out and moved on and that's probably for the best.

Only they have not really moved on. Its only the fact that they are going to appeal that is keeping the debate open. Other people are not doing that - its them keeping it in the press by not getting closure. If they hadn't appealled it would be done dusted. Over. Only it isn't and therefore people still talk about it.

Only they have not really moved on. Its only the fact that they are going to appeal that is keeping the debate open. Other people are not doing that - its them keeping it in the press by not getting closure. If they hadn't appealled it would be done dusted. Over. Only it isn't and therefore people still talk about it.

plus what about paying the contractors - I agree its themselves keeping the subject going by going for the appeal and not settling the other claims.

In the period when RC was CM (I think it was in the first half of 2004) he addressed a professional gathering and admitted he had been too busy with that job to keep up his CPD for being a pharmacist - seems starnge you can just go back into that sort of profession without having to sit and pass re-fresher exams.

Archived