The Pp Races

ccm

What about that poor newcomer who died last year when they hit the marshall. He would still be alive today if he'd not been encouraged to come to the TT

What a terrible thing to have on a man's conscience

I agree, I wouldn't want it on mine. One couldn't deny all responsibility.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about that poor newcomer who died last year when they hit the marshall. He would still be alive today if he'd not been encouraged to come to the TT

What a terrible thing to have on a man's conscience

CCM you seriously need to reconsider some of your posts, to bring a riders death into question when talking about whether you like someone or not is completely below the belt.

Final posting on this forum, easy come easy go.

Comments like that should stay in the minds of the idiotic!

I don't know the bloke so therefore I can't say whether I like him or not. For all I know he's the loveliest guy in the world. What I do question is his handling of certain affairs.

Perhaps Thomas Cook shouldn't encourage people to go on ski holidays, or the pony club shouldn't organise eventing, because these people certainly don't expect to be killed or seriously injured. It happens quite a lot though.

To look at the TT & MGP through the eyes of someone who has never taken a risk in their life is easy. The only people who are at risk think it's worthwhile. Who has the right to question a person who is prepared to risk all in pusuit of the sport that they love? Particularly if you have no undertanding of the matter in question.

To look at the TT & MGP through the eyes of someone who has never taken a risk in their life is easy. The only people who are at risk think it's worthwhile. Who has the right to question a person who is prepared to risk all in pusuit of the sport that they love? Particularly if you have no undertanding of the matter in question.

I hear what you say but I think there's a difference when you announce that an event is taking place, should you wish to take part then apply here etc, and approaching someone and asking them and offering them money to take part in something

I hear what you say but I think there's a difference when you announce that an event is taking place, should you wish to take part then apply here etc, and approaching someone and asking them and offering them money to take part in something

how you are picturing it is not how the system works, decisions are made by intelligent adults who are fully aware of the risks and weigh them up against the rewards and happiness that competing in a unique event can bring to a rider.

and here's Keyboarder in for some cheap trolling for a change. Tremendous.

How can agreeing with someone else's point of view, already in the thread, be regarded as cheap trolling? Let's be honest here, the only inflammatory comments, and quite unrelated to anything that has been written thus far within the thread are yours. That makes you a troll, albeit an unsubtle one.

how you are picturing it is not how the system works, decisions are made by intelligent adults who are fully aware of the risks and weigh them up against the rewards and happiness that competing in a unique event can bring to a rider.

I hear what you're saying as well but riders who are enticed to the TT are offered an incentive Earlier in the thread it was mentioned about the success of bringing newcomers to the TT - these therefore are people who didn't think about doing the TT but were enticed to do it. There is a difference between 'I'll think I'll do this today...' and 'Would you like to do this today...'. Yes of course the risks are there but because of the risks that is why these people are enticed here. Otherwise we would have the likes of Rossi etc here

Dummies like Max Power who think there is no history or culture here beyond motorsport are truely "Resident". The TT is a glorious institution and hats off to the Manx (born or naturalized) people who are doing their best for it. The TT and MGP are unique and there is nothing quite like it anywhere else. Some of the other motorsports that the government attract are pointless. For example, racing powerboats through basking shark and marine mammal environments.

The very fact that we don't have the likes of Rossi etc wishing to compete is due to the added danger, of which everyone is aware of!

Nothing to do with the fact they already earn vast amounts of money and therefore have no need to risk life and limb for a few more grand

Archived