Peel Bay Festival - No Refunds

copycat

is it true that if the big bands don't appear 'cos they can't get here due to bad weather/fog and the gig is cancelled then there won't be any refunds cos whilst the band get a committment payment the punters will be out of pocket cos there isn't insurance cover?

I would have taken that as a given. Promoter has to pay up front for the Bands, if its out of everyones control ie weather I would reasonably expect the band to keep the money as they could have been earning elsewhere. Financially is there is no gig there is no way to pay back ticket money.

Its like if I go to watch united and rain/fog stops play, They may offer a rearranged fixture on a Tuesday night whihc there is noway I could attend.

I would take it as one of those things in life, write it of to experience and carry on

Suspect my feelings wont be shared by all though

They suggested bad weather or some other rare occurrence stopping the artist getting here. Once on the island we have them at our mercy and they will play whatever or we set the little people at them.

We can't ask nature for a refund and we bloody sure won't get one from the promoter.

Rioting mobs perhaps? pixie damage? any thing could happen.

Being in Peel it will probably be half day closing, Suggs will go Apeshit cos there's nowhere to get his bowl full of blue peanut M+M's and Pete Townshend will strop about the lack of internet access in order to get onto his favourite websites ;)

Attention lawyers:

Would frustration apply here?

I'll certainly be frustrated if I travel all the way to the Isle of Man to see The Who and they don't turn up! :)

Now to answer your question with the seriousness that it warrants - probably not. I see what you're getting at but they've undoubtedly worded their Ts&Cs so as to avoid the principle taking effect.

Agreed, very difficult to establish frustration. It only operates when a contract is impossible to perform, not that it is difficult to perform. The T&Cs would undoubtedly deal with this and pass this risk to the ticket-buying punter (as you would, the main substance of contracts is to allocate the risk in a contract). To the punter it would be an inconvenient and costly loss, but not as devastating as the loss to the promotor if they didn't pass on this risk; that's commerce!

Everywhere has T&C's. The Gaiety offer no refunds. But if they cancel they must repay.

The only way to find out is ask the organisers

A responsible organiser would have cancellation insurance to cover such things as band not turning up due to illness, ttravel problems, tent burning down. It is reasonably cheap in the scheme of things.

If a band don't turn up because thye are ill thye may refund their fee, but it will only be part of the cost, there is still all the admin, publicity, overheads, so that at least is normally insured against.

Copycat you have chosen a very specific and quite odd grounds for cancellation, any reason why?

is it true that if the big bands don't appear 'cos they can't get here due to bad weather/fog and the gig is cancelled then there won't be any refunds cos whilst the band get a committment payment the punters will be out of pocket cos there isn't insurance cover?

Why didn't you just look on the ticket site where it says "PLEASE NOTE - All performances will go ahead in the event of rain and would only be cancelled in the most extreme weather conditions or deemed to be unsafe by the management. Tickets are NOT valid for any other performance and money will NOT be refunded apart from 50% in the event of cancellation. However it would have to be exceptional circumstances for part or all of a performance to be cancelled. Please read the full Terms and Conditions."

Archived