Peel Bay Festival - No Refunds

copycat

I'll be there somewhere, going on the previous days to the performances when it is quiet and park my van up.

Next day on my scooter and kip in the van when I get tanked/knackered. Not got my tickets yet, awaiting postie.

If not in Peel, where?

Happy Jack wasn't old, but he was a man

He lived in the sand at the Isle of Man

The kids would all sing, he would take the wrong key

So they rode on his head on their furry donkey

I don't understand, how do you get a donkey on your head?

Can anyone throw any light on these lyrics?

Happy Jack wasn't old, but he was a man

He lived in the sand at the Isle of Man

The kids would all sing, he would take the wrong key

So they rode on his head on their furry donkey

I don't understand, how do you get a donkey on your head?

Can anyone throw any light on these lyrics?

It was based on the Donkeyman on Douglas Beach a Mr Johna Quayle, the same person also appeared on the BBC Whats my Line.

Attention lawyers:

Would frustration apply here?

I'll certainly be frustrated if I travel all the way to the Isle of Man to see The Who and they don't turn up! :)

Now to answer your question with the seriousness that it warrants - probably not. I see what you're getting at but they've undoubtedly worded their Ts&Cs so as to avoid the principle taking effect.

See who ? how will you know they've turned up ? Unless you find out who they are by then .

is it true that if the big bands don't appear 'cos they can't get here due to bad weather/fog and the gig is cancelled then there won't be any refunds cos whilst the band get a committment payment the punters will be out of pocket cos there isn't insurance cover?

Why didn't you just look on the ticket site where it says "PLEASE NOTE - All performances will go ahead in the event of rain and would only be cancelled in the most extreme weather conditions or deemed to be unsafe by the management. Tickets are NOT valid for any other performance and money will NOT be refunded apart from 50% in the event of cancellation. However it would have to be exceptional circumstances for part or all of a performance to be cancelled. Please read the full Terms and Conditions."

and so the plane goes technical at point of departure and the band can't get here, or the old dude uses his coat and they can't get in = no concert and punters only get 50% of the ticket price back - how come if there is adequate insurance in place?

Also, where are the band staying overnight?

Archived