Tesco's Imported Potatoes Give Local Produers The Chip

copycat

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today in Tesco, their own bagged baking potatoesX4 = £0.74 / 18.5p each - how much for 4 local bagged baking potatoes that have travelled all of maybe 20 miles ? same price or much cheaper ?

No way £1.09 = 27.3p each or 47% more - how come ?

Do you expect a detailed overview of modern farming and mass distribution methods, or is it just suffice to say that local farmers are lower volume producers who have to ask for more money for their spuds?

Would you understand that or is it a bit too obvious?

More importantly why don't they have any locally produced bananas or pineapples in Tesco. I think it's a bloody disgrace.

It must cost them a fortune to ship these items from abroad whilst local producers stock goes rotten. I'm with you here MCB Copycat. Get a campaign started

To be serious for a moment - Tesco are selling their spuds at a loss. And they appear in the local press bleating that they support local suppliers.

When there are no more local potatoes, THEN see what you will be paying !! :angry:

Tesco are out to rule the world. Well, the retail sector anyway. ! If you want cheap local veg go to Douglas Market. Their fresh veg in season are local.

ah would they have been the nice firm and fragrant galias I had at a dinner party last year? then again were they canteloupe or just honey-dew?

At her age they could be mistaken for cumquats. It was no loss.

Kumquats

ah would they have been the nice firm and fragrant galias I had at a dinner party last year? then again were they canteloupe or just honey-dew?

At her age they could be mistaken for cumquats. It was no loss.

Kumquats

No, your wrong Jim. Kumquats are a small orange/yellow citrus fruit.

All the time Tesco sell stuff cheaper I will buy there.

What's the problem?

I use shopshite just because they are only 50 yds away and it is a long walk to Tesco from Ramsey.

If local producers bothered washing some of the shit off their spuds I might be interested, just don't see why I should pay 50p a pound for cow shite and mud. Lazy bastards.

Channel 4 dispatches

Channel 4 is broadcasting an hour long “Dispatches” investigation into Tesco called “The Supermarket that’s eating Britain” on Monday 19 February at 8.00pm. Exploring questions such as: Is Tesco abusing its power as the biggest supermarket in Britain? Has it used legal loopholes to avoid paying millions of pounds in tax? Has it used its connections to exert pressure both at Westminster and on local councillors?

Well the last time i got local spuds from shoprite most of them were rotten in the middle, i buy mine by the sack load from a local farmer and they are good.

As soon as the island gets a farmers market it will be great for us all, i tend to stay away from shoprite due to the last time i got some stuff there it was utter tosh.

I will not shop in a place that stocks ICELAND Shite

Archived