[BBC News] Park rock had 'unresolved issues'

Newsbot

Argh, another 404 link from Newsbot for me.

here you are girl89 :

Park rock had 'unresolved issues'

A council leader has defended a decision to withdraw support for a music festival on the Isle of Man.

David Christian said the Douglas Borough Council Corporation's first priority was to "protect Douglas ratepayers' interests".

Rock the Rock was due to take place in July at Noble's Park, but was cancelled last week due to what organisers said were a number of contributing factors.

Mr Christian said there were too many unresolved issues. :

I think these events are expected to at least break even . I remember Meatloaf appearing at the Bowl during TT week some years ago. Cost the Tourist Department ten of thousands of pounds. A good gig but only a couple of thousand there - and most of them were locals.

Will you quit fagging up threads because links dont work for you? Sure, there seems to be a problem with the BBC website but bleating about it here isn't going to help. Go fire some nerd rage at the BBC or something.

I can't think of a worse place to hold something like that at than Nobles, these events are noisy from start to finish, morning noon and night. I can just imagine the camp sites full of police trying to quieten it all down at 4am! Never going to happen over here unless a "proper" venue is found.

here you are girl89 :

Park rock had 'unresolved issues'

A council leader has defended a decision to withdraw support for a music festival on the Isle of Man.

David Christian said the Douglas Borough Council Corporation's first priority was to "protect Douglas ratepayers' interests".

Rock the Rock was due to take place in July at Noble's Park, but was cancelled last week due to what organisers said were a number of contributing factors.

Mr Christian said there were too many unresolved issues. :

I think these events are expected to at least break even . I remember Meatloaf appearing at the Bowl during TT week some years ago. Cost the Tourist Department ten of thousands of pounds. A good gig but only a couple of thousand there - and most of them were locals.

Thanks for that :)

Will you quit fagging up threads because links dont work for you? Sure, there seems to be a problem with the BBC website but bleating about it here isn't going to help. Go fire some nerd rage at the BBC or something.

I don't need someone to tell me to be nice to someone ona specific day, I'd rather be nice all the year round.

/cough

It was never going to happen here anyway. As someone pointed out, someone now has a juicy list of e-mail addresses from a very specific demographic...

...GOMH*...

You mean there's a SPAM company out there that doesn't have all the manx.net email addresses?

Archived