Mountain Section One Way For Entire Tt Period?

Donk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking forward to an especially good moaning year for 2007 as we've moved to a house that is only about 100 yards from the course, and it's inside the course too.

I must admit our first house was inside the course, it didn't affect us until the actual race week when there was postponement after postponement. Hence to say that got a bit tiresome.

What about if there is a accident at kates cottage etc?

Would emergency services have to come from Ramsey?

They have to anyway. During TT and MGP fortnight, all Police, Fire and Ambulance vehicles are not allowed to go over the Mountain Road the "wrong way" unless someone high up gives them permission.

Well sounds like a good idea if it saves one life then its worth it.

As for the marshalls why not shut the road 15 mins early and let them get to the areas with out the fear of traffic ?

Or is that too easy.

After all no marshalls no races

Roger, it is that sort of sensible straight forward thinking that us Manx can just do without. I am sure they will hatch a plan to pick up each and every marshall by helicopter, take them to ronaldsway to hop onboard a Lear Jet to be taken to Jurby where they will get onto another helicopter (or wait for the one from Ronaldsway to fly up to collect them) and drop them off at their posts.

Closing the road a bit earlier to allow the marshalls to drive/ride to their spots....well I never!

Roger, it is that sort of sensible straight forward thinking that us Manx can just do without. I am sure they will hatch a plan to pick up each and every marshall by helicopter, take them to ronaldsway to hop onboard a Lear Jet to be taken to Jurby where they will get onto another helicopter (or wait for the one from Ronaldsway to fly up to collect them) and drop them off at their posts.

Closing the road a bit earlier to allow the marshalls to drive/ride to their spots....well I never!

What have you done fool! You could have been employed as a consultant on £1m a day to come up with that plan!

They could also build one of those Maglev trains that runs parallel to the TT course to drop the marshalls off, I hear they're not cheap!!

One way, roads closed, and one assumes difficult access for both police and marshals who would have to go against one way traffic to get to incidents quickly. I believe coffin sales are already up. They'll be hosing them off the roads.

Its also a nice way to reward all those homestayers for helping out the Tourist Board by putting up TT guests. Now you have to drive halfway around the Island to get home from work for two weeks.

If they had brains they would be dangerous. Whatever next. All day motorcycle duelling with chainsaws?

good idea except for the marshals as has already been said

I have the fortnight off work but if I didn;t it's physically impossible to go from douglas to the black hut via ramsey in an hour

I don't know much about traffic at TT and what people do. But I would have thought that when the roads are the normal 2 way, bikers and cars would know that they have to TRY and keep on their side. But if the road was one way, you're gonna have idiots flying round all parts of the road, going round corners not knowing which side of the road someone else is on infront.

I do my very best to stay WELL away from the course during TT week (usually accomplish this by staying within the bushey's tent, and plastered) :P

Anyone who drives the wrong way roudn the course (especially the mountain section) durng this time needs their heads read. It is all well and good saying "It is my right" from ITU or from 6 feet under, but I prefer to stay healthy, and not exercise my rights to be an idiot.

The smart thing to do is have an officer at the layby on the run from gooseneck to guthries gauging biker's 'suicide quota' and relaying this info to another copper at guthries, who can then pull over the biker, and explain the need for some form of self preservation before he lets him carry on.

TT for me has moved from avidly trying to find a place to watch the racing, to somewhere soft to land my face when I keel over from too much partying :P

They'll still have quite a few coppers up their patrolling and slowing people down - and it won't be a free for all.

It'll simply cut down the risk of accidents - by stopping 85 year Doreen Bucket driving her sister Doris to Ramsey for the day, and Bill Labotomy from taking his van up there yacking to his mate whilst crossing the white line on bends.

Commonsense - that doesn't take a rocket science degree to work out that it should have been happening already for years.

Well albert you forgot to mention the tractors ?

they always get a anual dusting off come last week of may.

also seeing as there is going to be more carnage i think i will buy a job lot of these and get Isle of Man TT 1907 - 2007 printed on them.

Its amazing what you can get on ebay.

Baked beans anyone ?

Commonsense - that doesn't take a rocket science degree to work out that it should have been happening already for years.

I can't agree with you there I'm afraid Albert.

Given that we all have to put up with the misguided ideas of *Captain safety* of the DOT for the rest of the year, creating a *no holds barred* one way circuit for TT visitors to kill themselves on does seem a bit incongruous.

These are the same dipsticks trying to get an all Island speed limit in because places like the mountain are too dangerous and who are virtually obsessed with traffic calming and traffic management for us mere mortals at all other times, but as usual the safety polices' brain gets removed when it comes to TT week and keeping the visitors happy.

It will be carnage up there, and its naive to think otherwise. Doris and Doreen will still go one way along the Mountain at 38 mph in their Rover 214 and will probably kill scores of bikers as they are rammed from behind at 120mph on a bend. In reality this will do very little so stop accidents and just increase the risks and speed of those using the road.

Archived