Mountain Section One Way For Entire Tt Period?

Donk

It's bad enough when the sun comes out on any weekend with the locals in their funny outfits without unknowing visitors trying to break the sound barrier on two wheels.

Yeah, disgusting the locals going out on their bikes when it's sunny, maybe we should ban them too? :unsure:

You can't be that local if you can't spell 'moddey'!

As Manx is an oral language you can spell it however you like.

Not if you want someone else to be able to read and understand it!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's bad enough when the sun comes out on any weekend with the locals in their funny outfits without unknowing visitors trying to break the sound barrier on two wheels.

Yeah, disgusting the locals going out on their bikes when it's sunny, maybe we should ban them too? :unsure:

You can't be that local if you can't spell 'moddey'!

As Manx is an oral language you can spell it however you like.

Not if you want someone else to be able to read and understand it!

It's nothing to do with manx language!, it my nickname pronounced moe - dee, does that make it easier for you? :unsure:

I will be over on the Island this year, this is too good a chance to miss, a twisty mountain road, no speed limit, and one way. I will be in my car, as will, I suspect, many others. I know that the TT is a two wheel (or three) event, but I am a four wheel petrolhead and this opportunity is too good to pass up if it goes ahead. My own feeling is that there will be so many accidents that it may not be repeated again, if only to avoid the adverse publicity the Island will get if there is the carnage that the doom and gloom merchants hope for.

I do not think I have a reckless attitude, if I do then so does everyone else who hares round on two (or four wheels) at any speed greater than, say 70mph.

I also wonder about the future of the festival from another perspective, that is what will happen when the Global Warming brigade get their teeth into burning off hydrocarbons for fun. I thought that air travel would never be affected, but was wrong. I can just see motor sport becoming an easy target for the climate change extremists, and they will gain popular support in much the same way as everyone is against tobacco smoking nowadays.

One way over the mountain is the craziest idea i have ever heard.

This will not save lives it is sending out a message to the general biking public that the Isle of Man should be considered a race track & i mean the whole Island not just a way one section over the mountain.

Not just bikers, this is a public road, remember. <_<

Don't get carried away with the idea the road is an open test track from ramsey to douglas, there will be many single file sections, bollards, etc.etc.

...if you're watching The Great Global Warming Swindle on ch4 tonight, it's a load of bollocks (as I always suspected and in fact had my views confirmed)

Don't get carried away with the idea the road is an open test track from ramsey to douglas, there will be many single file sections, bollards, etc.etc.

...if you're watching The Great Global Warming Swindle on ch4 tonight, it's a load of bollocks (as I always suspected and in fact had my views confirmed)

Damn, missed it. Just been looking at the programme's website - brilliant. Hooray for common sense.

BTW, do you mean the programme is a load of bollocks or that global warming is?

Damn, missed it. Just been looking at the programme's website - brilliant. Hooray for common sense.

BTW, do you mean the programme is a load of bollocks or that global warming is?

Global warming

Eh?? Sorry, you've lost me there............

I will be over on the Island this year, this is too good a chance to miss, a twisty mountain road, no speed limit, and one way. I will be in my car, as will, I suspect, many others. I know that the TT is a two wheel (or three) event, but I am a four wheel petrolhead and this opportunity is too good to pass up if it goes ahead. My own feeling is that there will be so many accidents that it may not be repeated again, if only to avoid the adverse publicity the Island will get if there is the carnage that the doom and gloom merchants hope for.

I do not think I have a reckless attitude, if I do then so does everyone else who hares round on two (or four wheels) at any speed greater than, say 70mph.

I also wonder about the future of the festival from another perspective, that is what will happen when the Global Warming brigade get their teeth into burning off hydrocarbons for fun. I thought that air travel would never be affected, but was wrong. I can just see motor sport becoming an easy target for the climate change extremists, and they will gain popular support in much the same way as everyone is against tobacco smoking nowadays.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, sorry, I see what you were referring to now. (even if it was a little off topic)

• 3 weeks later...

I know there has been plenty of debate on the TT Course one way system, but can someone explain to me, if the authorities do go ahead and make the TT Course one way for two weeks, what will happen if, for example there is a serious incident at Windy Corner which requires the attendance of the Emergency Services, how will they get to this scene as they also are only allowed to go one way? Can you imagine the backlog of traffic that the Centenary TT will create all backed up behind this incident and the Police, Fire Service and Ambulance also delayed behind the backlog?

Am I missing something silly here??

local skeet

I know there has been plenty of debate on the TT Course one way system, but can someone explain to me, if the authorities do go ahead and make the TT Course one way for two weeks, what will happen if, for example there is a serious incident at Windy Corner which requires the attendance of the Emergency Services, how will they get to this scene as they also are only allowed to go one way? Can you imagine the backlog of traffic that the Centenary TT will create all backed up behind this incident and the Police, Fire Service and Ambulance also delayed behind the backlog?

Am I missing something silly here??

local skeet

Maybe, but it will make it quick and easy to close the mountain road if that should occur (i am certian it will).

Of course, if you petrolheads get your way then we wave goodbye to 'Mad Sunday'. hundreds of t-shirts wil become mere landfill, baseball caps will wither in the sun, dreams will be shattered, going at ridiculous speed over the mountain wil become mundane and the chances of motorbikes careering off the side of the mountain will be increased by a lot (can't be arsed to do the maths) So, come on folks, retain 'Mad Sunday' for future generations and say no to one way, all day, every day.

Or, on the other hand, make it one way every fourth Sunday throughout the year and get loads of visitors to the island in cars, on bikes, in helicopters and on scooters, just to thrill to the sound of a gearbox shutting down completely due to lack of maintenance and overheating. Think of the boost to the economy if we put meters in ambulances and helicopters, they send you a bill in England if you need to 'use' an ambulance and are lucky enough to survive. We could make a mint and afford to have lots of signs like the one at the hairpin declaring the road to be 'two way traffic'. I knew there was something in the air when that went up.

Really, the argument is as short as it is long, make a decision and stick to it, don't waste our time with a 'consultation', weve had enough of those and the status quo usually wins.

I don't think they will go for it entirely, maybe a compromise and have both Sundays, but no more. Too costly and Annie Crane won't be able to get out of Maughold with all the traffic, so that will kill it dead. (mind you, that could be a good thing)

Archived