Mountain Section One Way For Entire Tt Period?

Donk

I don't think they will go for it entirely, maybe a compromise and have both Sundays, but no more. Too costly and Annie Crane won't be able to get out of Maughold with all the traffic, so that will kill it dead. (mind you, that could be a good thing)

You've got me worried now - why won't I be able to get out of Maughold (and no, I'm not Annie Craine!)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think they will go for it entirely, maybe a compromise and have both Sundays, but no more. Too costly and Annie Crane won't be able to get out of Maughold with all the traffic, so that will kill it dead. (mind you, that could be a good thing)

You've got me worried now - why won't I be able to get out of Maughold (and no, I'm not Annie Craine!)

We're going to cordon it off with a big chain and lock you all in. Didn't you get the flyer?

I know there has been plenty of debate on the TT Course one way system, but can someone explain to me, if the authorities do go ahead and make the TT Course one way for two weeks, what will happen if, for example there is a serious incident at Windy Corner which requires the attendance of the Emergency Services, how will they get to this scene as they also are only allowed to go one way? Can you imagine the backlog of traffic that the Centenary TT will create all backed up behind this incident and the Police, Fire Service and Ambulance also delayed behind the backlog?
For the TT Fortnight, no emergency service vehicles are allowed to go "the wrong way" between Ramsey Hairpin and Cronk-Ny-Mona unless they have the express permission of someone high up. This has been in force for the last 3 or 4 years now.

Police vehicles move around the course and stop off at certain places (usually 4 or 5 spread over the Mountain). Ambulances are usually stationed at Ramsey (based at Ramsey Ambulance Station) and static at the Bungalow.

During Mad Sunday or when the road is one-way, if there is an "incident" then the road gets shut at the HairPin to reduce the traffic until the Police have cleared it all up.

Archived