Fluoride In The Water

doodlebug

What happened to freedom of choice? Many people eat food with artificial additives. FDA approved. Does this really mean they are safe? No. Check out the members of the FDA though and it might make sense. Is this presently pertinent to the IOM or is someone trying to drum up public interest? I suspect the latter and for that reason will make no further comments. I have a life.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there currently any proposal to add fluoride to our water? As far as I can see, this was rejected in 2008 following a public consultation. This therefore seems to be a storm in the Daily Mail's teacup that we can safely allow to pass us by.

I do object to the taste of the tap water here in Douglas, though. It quite often tastes as if it comes directly from the NSC pool. I've lived in quite a few places, including London where the tap water was much maligned, but the water here is by far the nastiest.

Is this presently pertinent to the IOM or is someone trying to drum up public interest? I suspect the latter and for that reason will make no further comments. I have a life.

The person who bumped the thread back to the top after it sitting here for 3 years is anti-fluoridation you ninny! Not everything is a bloody conspiracy.

Is there currently any proposal to add fluoride to our water? As far as I can see, this was rejected in 2008 following a public consultation. This therefore seems to be a storm in the Daily Mail's teacup that we can safely allow to pass us by.

I do object to the taste of the tap water here in Douglas, though. It quite often tastes as if it comes directly from the NSC pool. I've lived in quite a few places, including London where the tap water was much maligned, but the water here is by far the nastiest.

Our water is wonderful - until Manx Utilities get hold of it and over-chlorinate it to hell. Imagine if they were given a remit to fluoridate it as well. Ugh. No thanks.

At the time this was on the cards I did shed loads of research.

And only believed the research that matched your preconceptions?

PS I am very much against putting in our water just in case you think I'm arguing for it. I have been anti mass fluoridation since 1975 and actively campaigned against it in Bristol where I lived at the time.

A Harvard University study has already shown flouride causes retardation. Going by some of the posts on this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if it's already been added to our water supply. To actually go on here and suggest fluoridisation of our water is a good idea really takes the buscuit.

A Harvard University study has already shown flouride causes retardation. Going by some of the posts on this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if it's already been added to our water supply. To actually go on here and suggest fluoridisation of our water is a good idea really takes the buscuit.

I can't be bothered to go through this thread before but another poster mentioned a Harvard study before and it was eventually discovered to have been misread.

Archived