Come One Then...give Us An Honest Answer....

ray marshall

Do you listen to Net Radio?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I dont see the point. Radio to me is something I might have on in the background while I'm cooking or whatever, only listening properly when the news is on. Any time I want to listen to music, I'd rather pick and choose what I want to hear depending on my mood. Straining my ears to pick out the melodies or syncopated rhythms in a 96k stream just isn't fun.

I guess Shoutcast etc has given birth to a bunch of middle aged bedroom DJs trying to recapture their lost youth, but that's where the vast majority of them will stay, surrounded by crusty Kleenex and sticky Bravissimo catalogues.

Personally, I dont see the point. Radio to me is something I might have on in the background while I'm cooking or whatever, only listening properly when the news is on. Any time I want to listen to music, I'd rather pick and choose what I want to hear depending on my mood. Straining my ears to pick out the melodies or syncopated rhythms in a 96k stream just isn't fun.

Personally, I barely see the point of having a music collection any more. Tailored streams from the likes of FineTune and Pandora fucking kick the arse out of any playlist I have, and throw up enough surprises that they know I'll like to make the experience far more enjoyable than putting on my own mp3's.

FineTune through my wii to my hifi simply fucking rules. No pissing about, wack in the genre I fancy and bosh.

i hear you....that does still happen sometimes but its usually out of the dj/presenters hands, which is a bugger for exactly that reason, but usually the net is well behaved these days

i have to differ though regarding 96k...i have listened to both mo and justins streams....hell even mission when he's in the mood and i have a decent sound system.......and 96k sounds great i think....if we had the bandwidth here in guernsey id do 192k but we dont...96 is a good trade off..even the vinyl sounds pretty respectable all things considered.

I listen often, whether it's mflive, other net radio stations or essential mix re-runs. 96 is a pretty decent bandwidth, especially through a decent system (so many people still listening to their poota's through the tiny tinny pc speakers still?).

There's a whole world of music, new and otherwise out there.

Just been thinking the same.. just tried to register but haven't got a zip code and for US res only??

Apart from that though it looks pretty good

Try 90210!

Like net radio - particularly 6 music, also decent reception for commentaries on 5 live is a bonus.

Hate pandora and all it stands for. It is vile.

Archived