Come One Then...give Us An Honest Answer....

ray marshall

Do you listen to Net Radio?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is so predictable in it's choices. It just plays music that sounds like the previous tracks. Compartmentalisation is bad for music. I want to hear a punk track, followed by a blues number, followed by some soul, then some psyche, a bit of surf, a dance choon etc. Not punk, then punk, followed by punk etc.

But in any case it has a very limited and mundane selection.

Oh and I don't want to listen to music that's like what I've already heard. I want to hear music that is unlike anything I've ever heard.

It is so predictable in it's choices. It just plays music that sounds like the previous tracks. Compartmentalisation is bad for music. I want to hear a punk track, followed by a blues number, followed by some soul, then some psyche, a bit of surf, a dance choon etc. Not punk, then punk, followed by punk etc.

Hmm, sounds more like you can't drive it. You know you can seed a station with any kind of music, it's not limited to one genre? You can keep seeding that station as much as you like. Alternatively you can seed up to 100 stations with different types of music, then do a quickmix to mix all your stations together randomly.

But in any case it has a very limited and mundane selection.

Um, my ass. I have a lot of music, and a very wide taste in music, listen to Pandora daily, and it throws up surprises time after time. It's just done it to me now, it's played a band I've never heard of before on a station I've listened to lots.

Oh and I don't want to listen to music that's like what I've already heard. I want to hear music that is unlike anything I've ever heard.

Sure, but Pandora throws you new music inside your personal preferences. Those prefs are all definable, so provided you cast that net wide enough you should get the variety you crave.

Sure, but Pandora throws you new music inside your personal preferences. Those prefs are all definable, so provided you cast that net wide enough you should get the variety you crave.

That's what I mean. Radio, or at least great radio, takes you outside.

Ideally yes, but lets be realistic; what you actually get is what some DJ or in the case of BBC radio some committe thinks you'll like. Pandora isn't that different, it's a little more scientific and you can skip the crap you dont like and have some involvement in the process.

I'm happy to do both, I like six music and I use Pandora, both have introduced me to new music.

Sara, go to www.pandora.com type in the name of your favourate band and marvel at the result...

Hear hear! I have that on all the time. Has a very good collection of Stax records. My current fave music. Next week I'll probably be back to The Smiths. :)

Archived