[BBC News] Island pledge to become Fairtrade

Newsbot

So have I got this right? Instead of sitting on their arses all day drinking tea and coffee, they will be sitting on their arses all day drinking fairtrade tea and coffee?

Well worth the 6 Megawatt hours of energy (and 12 metric tons of CO2) required to send that message and for it to be stored and read around the world, never mind the 24+ manweeks to come up with the idea in Tynwald.

Hurrah!

The Isle of Man officially becomes a Fairtrade island, following a vote by the government.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6384273.stm

Oh how Tesco must been rubbing their hands. Instead of their normal markup on tea and coffee they can charge an extra percentage because the public can be easily conned into thinking the extra goes to the 'poor' gowers. So while an extra 2p per £ goes back to the grower, an extra 14p. per £ goes to Tescos bottom line.

And of course Tesco in the Iom dont pay tax to the IOM Treasurer. The government are in their pocket. Who really runs the Isle of Man - certainly not Tynwald. Some might say thats a relief !

And the steam packet supporting fair trade. Best laugh of the week !!!

blah blah.... Instead of their normal markup on tea and coffee they can charge an extra percentage because the public can be easily conned into thinking the extra goes to the 'poor' gowers. So while an extra 2p per £ goes back to the blah blah blah

Have his earnings dried up that much since "They Think It's All Over" was pulled?

;)

blah blah.... Instead of their normal markup on tea and coffee they can charge an extra percentage because the public can be easily conned into thinking the extra goes to the 'poor' gowers. So while an extra 2p per £ goes back to the blah blah blah

Have his earnings dried up that much since "They Think It's All Over" was pulled?

;)

Nice one. I hold my hands up. Still, better to drop your 'rs than your arse.! B)

Archived