Half Life 2

3allz

If you didnt know already, Half Life 2 is ready for purchase via Steam. Heres some more info:

The Half-Life 2 Steam offers are now ready for purchase. Details and pricing for these offers are pasted below. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.

ATI/Half-Life 2 bundle owners may redeem their product key for the Bronze offer or apply their key toward the purchase of either the Silver or Gold offers, receiving a credit equal to the price of the Bronze offer.

Half-Life 2 Steam Offers

BRONZE -- $49.95

Half-Life 2*

Counter-Strike: Source

*To be made available upon product's release.

SILVER -- $59.95

Half-Life 2*

Half-Life 1: Source*

Day of Defeat: Source*

Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam

*To be made available upon products' release.

GOLD -- $89.95

Half-Life 2*

Half-Life 1: Source*

Day of Defeat: Source*

Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam

Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games

3 different Half-Life 2 posters

Half-Life Collector's box

Half-Life 2 hat

Half-Life 2 postcard

Half-Life 2 stickers

Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD

Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

* To be made available upon products' release.

**1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased. For contest details, click here.

- Stolen from the Steam Website

Ive ordered the silver package and i will be able to play Half life 2 as soon as its officially released. On the other hand, CS: Source is available to play online immediatley with about 10 maps.

As for system requirements, well... all i can tell you is that i have an AMD Barton 3200+, 768 DDR RAM, Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb and it runs smooth on 1024 x 768 with no judders. Hard drive space, well for the silver package, youll probably need roughly 5GB.

Get buying!

Note: With the silver package (maybe bronze and probably gold too), you also get all the normal HL1 mods with the package; deathmatch classic, CS: Condition Zero, Condition Zero: Behind the Scenes, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic, Standard Half Life and of course, Counter Strike.

Note: With the silver package (maybe bronze and probably gold too), you also get all the normal HL1 mods with the package; deathmatch classic, CS: Condition Zero, Condition Zero: Behind the Scenes, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic, Standard Half Life and of course, Counter Strike.

Bronze is HL2 and CS:S only.

Gold is everything plus free hats, keychains, competition draws and strategy guides.

Silver is where the smart money is. I have a free bronze due to the ATI deal so I have my HL2 and CS:S preloaded and ready to rock. I can pay $10 to upgrade that to silver which I will do when DOD:S is available.

Steam is the content delivery system used by Valve to distribute game content and provide authentication. If you want to play a Valve game online, you have to go through Steam. It's actually not as bad as it used to be. I preloaded HL2 and all the other stuff and was able to type in my key to activate it. It ties the content to your Steam account so you can download it and play it anywhere without having to find CDs and serial keys. I was quite impressed that if I click on the link on the Steam website to upgrade my Bronze to Silver that it launches a Steam window inviting me to pay (via a steam:// handler). Seemed smooth and flawless tbh. There are other issues, but they're well documented.

CS: Source is Counterstrike made with the new Source engine that powers HL2. DOD:Source is the same and HL1:SOurce is a port of the original HL to the new engine.

If you don't actually own a copy of HL, the silver package is an absolute bargain really.

So, CS:Source is out now (CS running on HL2 engine) - HL2 will be distributed when its released (Date?).

Questionable. There's a lot of legal wranglings going on between Valve and Vivendi as Steam effectively cuts the publisher (Vivendi) out of the loop and hence they don't get any cash. Could be delayed by up to six months if Vivendi want to be arses but they'd have to be stupid to let the Christmas sale period go by, especially with Halo2 due soon.

Most people think it will be sometime before the end of this month and taht's probably what I'd go for if I was a betting man (and I am so ner)

you mean CS: Source?

As for the spec, well i didnt want to say because i didnt know how genuine and legit it was, but not too long ago Gabe said it would run on:

1200mhz processor or equiv.

256mb ram

dx7 graphics card

:)

Archived