[BBC News] Delegates visit new island prison

Newsbot

Senior prison officials from across the British Isles visit the Isle of Man's new jail.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6390089.stm

The visit will be to show the pitfalls and cockups to be avoided when building new prisons.

I think the building portforlio of this government over the last ten years (15 if you include Iris) is extremely valuable to developers on identifying pitfalls and goofs before you start building.

"Outside, the perimeter wall is 94% complete."
Ah well, close enough - lets fill it up and hope they don't notice the 6% of the perimeter where the wall is missing :)

I think the building portfolio of this government over the last ten years (15 if you include Iris) is extremely valuable to developers on identifying pitfalls and goofs before you start building.

[sarcasm] You're not suggesting that they should accurately plan and budget work before they start, are you? :o Your big city ways are never gonna work here, I tell you - not in a million years. Sure, you may have fancy pants "qualifications" and "experience" but what use are they in the grand scheme of things? Give me rough estimates and blind optimism any day! [/sarcasm]

Archived