Euromillions Lottery

themindboggles

Just wondering if anyone else has received one of these, came in the post this morning.

Attention Beneficiary

RE: Award Notification, Final Notice

We are pleased to inform you of the release today of the results of the EUROMILLIONS LOTTERY INTERNATIONAL/NEW YEAR PROMOTION PROGRAM held on 8th January 2007 and released on the 16th February 2007.

Your name attached to the ticket number drew the lucky numbers which consequently won the lottery in the 3rd category !

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum payout of €615,810.00. It also states that we keep this award from public notice until your claim has been processed and your money remitted to your bank account !! The second page wanting to know all personal details including , name , address, date of birth, bank account number, next of kin....the list is endless.

If anyone else receives one, rip it up. Might just take this up to the police station. :angry::angry:

Have been going around for years, every now and again the format changes or it becomes a different state lottery.

Long and short is A: you have to be in it to win it

B: Why would anyone mail you to tell you that you have won when they have plenty of agents

who would be kissing your arse offering different ways of investing and spending your money.

Are people that stupid?

When these mails are sent out at a rate of a couple of million an hour, they only need to get a bite from 0.001 percent of the population to make it worthwhile. Sure, the vast majority of people dismiss them, but when the outlay to send out all these emails is so low, it's a vry profitable business model.

Are people that stupid?

Does the minor fact that you never entered the lottery in the first place not suggest that this is a scam?

People who get caught out by this stuff are either stupid or greedy (or usually both)

Yes the fact that I never entered does make this a scam, thats why I have not done anything with it, so I am not stupid or greedy. I decided to post this matter to let others know and to be careful....is that alright with you Boredom ! you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder by your reply...been caught out yourself!!

Actually the typical target for these scammers are older (and often confused) people - my mother was targeted, probably as the address was sold on by one of the mail order companies that also target older folk. We found that she had replied to a couple after which more & more arrived - generally american but sometimes a UK post box address - it is very difficult to convince the elderly that they are being conned. One of then even had a clause "no prize will be awarded to the over 75's" which were I presume their prime target from the phrasing !

My Mother-in-law got one in the post on Friday. I had an awful job convincing her it was a scam as she does the Euro Lottery. She is 80 & thought all her dreams had come true. I've managed to convince her now thank goodness.

Archived