Accident On The Mountain

RC-Drift.com

On the subject of accidents. There must have been a cycling race over the mountain this morning. I was on my way back from Ramsey at around 11, the mountain was laden with Fog - and bicycles were racing (or crawling up the mountain) - not many lights to be seen at all. We're talking 30m visibility at best. Not a good idea really.

I really, really hope this man is ok. I was in a car heading back from seeing Basil Brush on Saturday afternoon and we came across this accident before the emergency services had arrived. I don't know who he was but my heart went out to him and I even said a prayer when I got home, which is something I haven't done for a long time.

THAT WAS THE 'CRASH OF THE DAY'

Sick of seeing stuff being crushed by it's owners almost every day on the mountain road, what the hell are they on?

Today's seems to be a TNT van blown into the hedge by the wind, any driver worth his salt would slow down in high winds, not TNT apparently.

... what the hell are they on?

Today's seems to be a TNT van blown into the hedge by the wind, any driver worth his salt would slow down in high winds, not TNT apparently.

What the hell are you on? Were you in the TNT van? Do you know it was travelling fast or are you just speculating?

Outside of mechanical problems, you lose control if you are driving too fast for the conditions, or not competant to control a large vehicle on high winds. By the position of the van and the distance from the corner it would have been travelling at a fair rate to travel so far from the apex of the bend and be blown off the road by at least 50 ft across a boggy grass verge.

Archived