[BBC News] Care 'murder cottages' reused

Newsbot

Cottages on a former care complex on the Isle of Man at which a teenager was murdered, are reopened.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6403681.stm

Good.

If every building where someone was killed was knocked down and a garden planted in its place, then we would really have a housing shortage on the Island. Would look pretty though and keep all the gardeners busy.

I was delighted to hear that the Government have not caved-in to the demands of the families of the “children” who were murdered whilst “in care”, to have Leece-Lodge demolished.

If the families were so upset at having to see Leece Lodge every day, then they could have offered to have it demolished at their own expense, and a new cottage built, also at their expense.

We tax payers have already paid sufficiently for the activities of these people, including all the police time and resources prior to, and subsequent to the murders, and the provision of “care” over many years.

Well done the DHSS!

Good

Nice to see my parents old house is still in use and aint gonna be knocked down.

Some motor bikes buried in the Garden somewhere... in plastic sheets.

You must be relieved that you weren't buried with them. :lol:

Where do you bury your stuff now ? In the 'potato patch' ?

The family of a teenager murdered in a former care home complex are left upset by a decision to reopen the buildings.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6407361.stm

Yeah, I was really upset when the bed my grandad died in was broken up. Never got over it.

I'm scarred for life. Still, it burnt well and got rid of the smell. :(

Archived