Festivals 2007

Bauer21

I'll be going to glastonbury this year, as long as i get tickets

lol, don't let the absence of tickets put you off, show some initiative, lol, lol....

Funnily enough, I'll be there this year, just blagged a few triple a's, lol,lol...

The days of getting into glastonbury without a ticket are long gone..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im intending to get to Reading this year to see the Chili's, Smashing pumpkins and Rage against the machine, also hoping to go to Rockslide and maybe Bloodstock for something a tad heavier Grrr.

Might end the summer off by driving my VW down to Stonehenge for the Solstice!

Argh, this is what I'm on about:

"English Heritage are expected to again provide "Managed Open Access" to Stonehenge for the Summer Solstice. Please help to create a peaceful occasion by taking personal responsibility and following the conditions (see below).

The car park (on the Western side, enter off the A303 from the roundabout - it's signposted) is expected to open at around 8pm on Wednesday 21th June, and close at around 1pm on Thursday 21st June. Note that last admission to the car park for vehicles is at 6am.

Access to the stones themselves is expected to be from around 10pm on Wednesday 20th June until 9am on Thursday 21st June.

There's likely to be casual entertainment from samba bands & drummers but no amplified music is allowed.

Van loads of police have been present in the area in case of any trouble, but generally a jovial mood prevails. Few arrests have been made in previous years, mostly in relation to minor drug offences.

Toilets and drinking water are available and welfare is provided by St Johns Ambulance. There are normally one or two food and drink vans with reasonable prices but huge queues, all well away from the stones themselves.

Sunrise is at around 4:45am."

fingers crossed, i'm off to Benicassim in July...good lookin line up but the prospect of sun for the duration is a real pull, oh and Muse are playing! ;)

Muse was one of the deciders for me going back to Oxegen this year I have to admit, saw them at T in '04 and looking forwards to hearing the new stuff. They played most of Origin back then, and I am a little too excited than is actually healthy at my age at the prospect of hearing the Black Holes stuff.

This year, a wet field in Ireland. Probably the same for the next few years. Maybe when the kids leave home I can head for Benicassim or Coachella!

WOOOOHOOOO! ordered the tickets for benicassim last nite, i'm off to sunny spain to my first ever festival! MUSE, the klaxxons, magic numbers, 2 lone swordsmen, simian mobile disco and the human league ( to mention just a few )! Found out that there is a huge beach party the day after the festival as well!

HEy FTL, no shame in getting excited about the prospect of seeing Muse live, they fookin rock!

You need to apply for registration with a picture, tickets havent gone on sale yet. Have a look on the Glastonbury web site for more info....Its on 20-25th June, oh just about the correct time for me to celebrate my birthday whilst there :D

Wickerman...the orb, eat static and loads of underground, no commercial muck.

Bestival..... beastie boys, chemical bros and more top class djs than you can shake a glow stick at.

V....happy mondays, primal scream plus all the crap of the day!

Glasters....if i get throo on the ticket line that opens at 8am day after the forum gig at amber!

WKD

• 2 weeks later...
Night of a 100 ..... Just one of the reasons I love Bestival :D I wasn't going to go but my friend mentioned she was going.... so I booked my ticket. Wooooohoooo, Im excited about this one, I plan to be an Umpah Lumpah (from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) for the fancy dress this year. ace! wtb yellow pvc suit....

Well, I might have been moaning that QOTSA weren't playing at Coachella ( heh, like I could afford to go anyway) but the gods must have been smiling down on me, as they have been announced for Oxegen.

I think it can be safely said that I am incredibly happy at the prospect!

Archived