Local News Puzzle

Tempus Fugit

In the Examiner this week there is an article about the Manx Classic motorsport events being open to certain 4x4 vehicles built before 31/12/1979

..... so.....

why do they show this picture of an ineligible 4x4 in the snow, of an modern copy of an american icon, made by an Indian tractor manufacturer ?

Vehicle details

Manufacturer MAHINDRA

Model

Body type ESTATE

Colour RED

Fuel type HEAVY OIL

Date manufactured 31 December 1995

Number of previous owners 3

(info from www.rac.co.uk vehicle search)

:blink:

post-1026-1173142193_thumb.jpg

Yep, theres a reporter whose definately on the ball.

And I drove a Mahindra Jeep, it was less than a year old and I've never driven such a pile of shite in my life, I would have prefered to drive a 150 year old Indian tractor.

And I drove a Mahindra Jeep, it was less than a year old and I've never driven such a pile of shite in my life, I would have prefered to drive a 150 year old Indian tractor.

I can't think of anything more boring than to watch a load of 4x4's chugging up a hill.

Must be short of entries, but I can't think that this is a good use of road closing time. The event seemed to stretch on with no action for ages last year, and seemed to stop every few minutes for the slightest reason to give officials a run up the hill!

I can't think of anything more boring than to watch a load of 4x4's chugging up a hill.

Must be short of entries, but I can't think that this is a good use of road closing time. The event seemed to stretch on with no action for ages last year, and seemed to stop every few minutes for the slightest reason to give officials a run up the hill!

THIS is a hill climb!

think that the MAHINDRA had the honour of being the slowest new car you coud buy new for a while.

think a picture of one of these would be more appropriate.

post-76-1173172767_thumb.jpg

think that the MAHINDRA had the honour of being the slowest new car you coud buy new for a while.

think a picture of one of these would be more appropriate.

but it's not 'flat screen'

looking good for the year though

Vehicle details

Manufacturer JENSEN

Model FF

Body type COUPE

Colour GREEN

Fuel type PETROL

Date manufactured 31 December 1969

Number of previous owners 2

4x4 - check

built before 31/12/1979 - check

right, where do I sign on?

schwimmwagendu0.jpg

I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that a"Kubelwagon" in the picture ?

These were based on the beetle floorpan and had only two wheel drive but a handle at each corner

The thinking was that should it get stuck the four burly stormtroopers could get out and lift it

Vorsprung etc........

Sorry for being such a combat jacket

4x4 - check

built before 31/12/1979 - check

right, where do I sign on?

schwimmwagendu0.jpg

I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that a"Kubelwagon" in the picture ?

These were based on the beetle floorpan and had only two wheel drive but a handle at each corner

The thinking was that should it get stuck the four burly stormtroopers could get out and lift it

Vorsprung etc........

wrong thats a Schwimmwagen same 4x4 chassis as a Kommandeurwagen :)

Vorsprung etc........

Nope, it isn't - it's a "Schwimmwagen", which is sort-of based on the Kübelwagen but is a 4x4 and perfect to sneak up on Peel beach from the sea - not that I ever..I mean...

jim - you're on - 8pm, Tesco carpark - we'll race up the river :)

edit: damn it, jim beat me to it

/hangs up Anorak

and I thought I was the only sad case who noticed that the vehicle used to illustrate the new class fulfilled none of the criteria in that class!

I drove a Diesel Mahindra once and it was less refined than a Massey Ferguson. Utter shite.

Archived