Bad Batch Of Heroin

Pat Ayres

The police today, on the 17:30 news, warned heroin users of a bad batch of the drug.

Should we be warning users of bad drugs or just let them get a bad fix and suffer for their habit? After all, the use of it is illegal, if there is suffering it may warn youngsters off the use and experimentation and hopefully put some dealers in jail or off the street when their customers catch up with them for selling bad heroin.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The police today, on the 17:30 news, warned heroin users of a bad batch of the drug.

Should we be warning users of bad drugs or just let them get a bad fix and suffer for their habit? After all, the use of it is illegal, if there is suffering it may warn youngsters off the use and experimentation and hopefully put some dealers in jail or off the street when their customers catch up with them for selling bad heroin.

OMG...... you can't be serious! :o

There is a question mark at the start of the thread, kind of speaks for itself I would have thought. As for seeing them dead, covered in my second posting.

Think the unthinkable.

I really don't see the problem, there is a vast problem with crimes being committed by 'addicts' to enable them to score and get money for drugs, often the excuse that "they are addicted to drugs" bandied about as if "oh! that's alright then". I don't see it that way. I see people being victimised by dealers because they are vulnerable and needing something. The only way to stop this is if the supply is stopped. If that means some dealers suffer, tough. If some 'addicts' suffer, I'm sorry but they buy into the 'scene' , it is not risk free and they claim to be intelligent individuals. Should we, the tax payer, pay for their stupidity?

There is a question mark at the start of the thread, kind of speaks for itself I would have thought. As for seeing them dead, covered in my second posting.

Think the unthinkable.

I really don't see the problem, there is a vast problem with crimes being committed by 'addicts' to enable them to score and get money for drugs, often the excuse that "they are addicted to drugs" bandied about as if "oh! that's alright then". I don't see it that way. I see people being victimised by dealers because they are vulnerable and needing something. The only way to stop this is if the supply is stopped. If that means some dealers suffer, tough. If some 'addicts' suffer, I'm sorry but they buy into the 'scene' , it is not risk free and they claim to be intelligent individuals. Should we, the tax payer, pay for their stupidity?

Should we be warning users of bad drugs or just let them get a bad fix......

Do you have any idea what a bad fix is? In most cases it means death,but you still raise the question as to whether they should be warned? Strange :blink:

I see by the use of words such as: fix, high, score, and the term"victimised by dealers" the knowledge of drugs in this debate comes from the reading the Daily Mail.

Herion is the symptom rather than the problem.

Most users of heroin are not regular citizens who "experimented with drugs" and got "hooked". They are screwed up people who use herion to numb themselves against their miserable lives.

Herion addicts are little different from the more visible alcoholics who can be seen trotting back from the corner shop at eight in the morning wieghed down with cans of extra strength lager.

The main differences are that alcoholics can claim sickness benefit for their "illness" and breweries are not considered to be "dealers", whereas smackheads resort to shoplifting and selling on herion to their mates

Bad Batch Of Heroin, should we warn users? - That is the question that has been asked.

Yes we should because to know that something will kill someone and not tell them is wrong. That was the question and this is MY opinion.

I'm off to the pub now. I would hope that if there is rat piss in the beer and the landlord knows then he'd tell me. . . but why should he? I drink too much beer and probably deserve to die. :lol:

Archived