Bad Batch Of Heroin

Pat Ayres

Let them trade in their bad heroin for good heroin. The government has got plenty of money and according to the news there is an international glut of heroin as a result of the war in Afghanistan. But a shortage of medical morphine.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad Batch Of Heroin, should we warn users? - That is the question that has been asked.

Yes we should because to know that something will kill someone and not tell them is wrong. That was the question and this is MY opinion.

I'm off to the pub now. I would hope that if there is rat piss in the beer and the landlord knows then he'd tell me. . . but why should he? I drink too much beer and probably deserve to die. :lol:

Sorry, misunderstood your first post..... I agree, of course you'd tell them, goes without saying...

If you handed an alcoholic a bottle and told him its probably ok but it might make you blind is he going to pour it away?

Interesting analogy. I would say that some would pour it away.

You've obviously never dealt with alcoholics before.

Incorrect.

The police today, on the 17:30 news, warned heroin users of a bad batch of the drug.

The police today, on the 9:00 news, warned users of Kalshnikov 47 assault rifles of a manufacturing fault with the firing pin spring on serial nos 47,945,653 to 48,756,390. Chief Superintendant Cuthbert Dibblangrub said "Be careful lads, it might put your eye out."

Well firstly ignoring experience (as I'm not getting into a slagging match as I'm very used to dealing with alcohol dependence) if they are a true alcoholic they would not turn it down.

If you don't want to get into a slanging match then don't say what a 'true' alcoholic would or wouldn't do. Despite probably having more experience at this than me you can't know each and every alcoholic and therefore not know the level of dependency of every addict. I'm trying not to get too much into this as it's personal things about someone who isn't me - not really fair to talk about them on an internet forum. And of course it's off topic.

Ignoring the addicts (alcohol or heroin), if a casual heroin user - arguably only a short step away from addiction, but never mind - was warned about a 'bad' batch, then decided not to have any as a result of this warning, this can only be a good thing? And someone who may be tempted to take heroin for the first time may be spooked enough by a bad batch warning to avoid it for ever. Again, this can only be a good thing.

I would imagine that as most heroin dealers are also users of their own merchandise that the problem will not be around for that long...

Here is an interesting fact - if addicts used medical grade heroin (diamorphine) and sterile injection techniques then their health would probably be less at risk shooting up on smack 3 times a day than if they ate McDonald's meals 3 times a day. Isn't that bizarre and slightly worrying? ;)

if they are a true alcoholic they would not turn it down. There would be no option but to drink it. The very definition of an alcoholism is "a chronic disorder characterized by dependence on alcohol" therefore if you are dependent on something you need it to survive and therefore you wouldn't turn it down if offered.

If you can pick and choose what alcohol you ingest your not a true alcoholic. You might be one in remission, or one who may be able to control their urges from time to time, but if your choosy you're prima facie not dependent.

Sorry to butt in on this but I don't agree either.

Hypothetical rich alcoholic. Can buy as much of the finest booze he wants, sits in his big house all day drinking whatever he fancies because he can afford to without giving two shits.

Now when Jeeves the butler walks in with two bottles to top him up and says "One of these bottles of booze is contaminated with something horrible that will do you rapid and irreversible damage, and the other is your usual favourite brandy - which would sir prefer?" I suspect the answer would be to hand over the good stuff and get rid of the dangerous crap. You wouldn't keep it if you have an endless supply no matter how dependant you are.

Far fetched, but saying point blank that no alcoholic would ever pour away bad booze is nonsense.

I am dependant on food to survive, yet knowing that I can choose what food I want to eat, if someone puts a marmite sandwich in front of me I will refuse to eat it knowing that it will make me retch and that I can have an alternative when I need to.

As for the actual thread topic I suppose they should be warned probably. If anyone is unfortunate enough to have a son or daughter that is an addict you would of course warn them if you knew. And after all, everyone is someone's son or daughter.

Despising drug DEALERS is ok, users are often victims of circumstance. Although becoming a victim of a user who will do pretty much anything for their next score can be an excuse for hating them in general.

Archived