[BBC News] Man attacked at island bus stop

Newsbot

My dad was working in a shop only slightly down the road from this incident and didn't hear any sirens or anything...

Such a shame to hear this sort of news though, especially mid-afternoon when young children could have been around.

A shame but this sort of news does not suprise me anymore.

I remember going to Burnley last year for a drinking weekend and all the lamposts had alarms on them and the place was surrounded by CCTV, i though to myself what a rough area and this would never happen at home. Maybe i was wrong.

A man is to undergo facial surgery after he was attacked at a bus stop on the Isle of Man.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6437653.stm

Well, if you are sold a bad batch of heroin you can't complain to Trading Standards.....

What a smart answer. I know the guy involved and this was completely unprovoked, NOT drugs associated, in fact not associated with anything. How would you feel if it were you and having to be concerned about going out on your own after something like this?? Keep your stupid comments to yourself, you have no idea what further damage people like you can do in cases like this.

My dad was working in a shop only slightly down the road from this incident and didn't hear any sirens or anything...

The police have now learnt not to put the two tones on when going to incidents like this as it gives a little warning that the fuzz are coming and the perpetrators usually end up running away!

Last 10

He corrected his memory and did remember hearing an ambulance siren :rolleyes:

perhaps if he corrected his memory a second time, he might remember seeing the culprit who did it!

(just joking)

The police have now learnt not to put the two tones on when going to incidents like this as it gives a little warning that the fuzz are coming and the perpetrators usually end up running away!

I was in Main Road at the time. Sirens were everywhere, multiple police vehicles converged from every direction.

A man is to undergo facial surgery after he was attacked at a bus stop on the Isle of Man.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6437653.stm

Keep your stupid comments to yourself, you have no idea what further damage people like you can do in cases like this.

No I don't. But an interesting concept and I'm willing to listen to reasoned argument. :whatever: What is it people like me (who ever people like me are), can do in cases like this. What about cases not like this. Can I do damage elsewhere ?

If I had that much influence I would be preventing cases like this ! :whatever:

My comment was not stupid. It is a fact that only a very tiny percentages of assaults are totaly unprovoked. And there are so many contradictions in the posts on this link ( sirens, no sirens, police do not use sirens, there were police vehicles everywhere etc. etc) . The truth will come out in court. Let us wait and see.

Archived