Flybe

Gladys

A friend had told me what can only be gossip and rumour-mongering, but has any decision been made about the engineering facility (apart from it is closing)? Over 300 jobs at stake and the grapevine has it that certain local trades unions have only made a cursory appearance.

There is also talk that if the engineers hang on till late summer their redundancy entitlement will be switched from what they could expect from BA, to a lesser amount from FlyBe (I didn't think that was possible, they have to 'buy out' any deterioration in T&Cs, but my experience is from the UK). All seems a bit gossipy from what I hear, but is anyone championing their cause and guiding the vulnerable employees in a way that will protect their best interests?

Sorry to take on the mantle of Manx Copy Cat, but it all seems rather bleak for some of the chaps down there who will probably have to look off-island for their future employ.

I believe that BA have issued 'Threat Letters' this week, to those staff who are likely to be affected by redundancy. Last I heard was that FlyBe had confirmed that by the end of the Summer, there would be no routine maintenance carried out on the Island.

So that would account for pretty much all of the engineering staff and associated jobs.

I believe there is to be a delegation visit the site towards the end of next week, on behalf of Govt (and maybe the Unions as well??), with an official address by FlyBe / BA.

Letters received today. Everyone out by 6th June.

ps. Manxman Flybe issued the threat letters not BA. The company is owned by Flybe as of a few weeks ago.

pps. http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...7&hl=downie

Can I sue Downie now for calling me scurilous? :)

personally i would photocopy your letter from Flybe, photo copy the internet artical, and send them to him personally with some KY jelly and ask him to kindly stick it up his ill informed arse.

just a suggestion.

Letters received today. Everyone out by 6th June.

ps. Manxman Flybe issued the threat letters not BA. The company is owned by Flybe as of a few weeks ago.

pps. http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...7&hl=downie

Can I sue Downie now for calling me scurilous? :)

personally i would photocopy your letter from Flybe, photo copy the internet artical, and send them to him personally with some KY jelly and ask him to kindly stick it up his ill informed arse.

just a suggestion.

:lol:

Archived