[BBC News] Man arrested over replica weapon

Newsbot

Here we go!! We really are a bunch of irresponsible idiots in this country!

I recently visited Berlin where replica guns, swords and all sorts of 'collectibles' were being sold from a major city centre shopping area.

Why are we British and Manx for that matter deemed to be such childish idiots that we are denied this kind of hobby should we so wish?

Not that I particularly have any interest myself in weaponry, it just seems that this guy is going to be branded a loony and could probably have been shot quite legally by the look of things??

There's actually a whole lot more to this story than meets the eye and to be honest, the police were absolutely right to exercise caution. I'm sure the rest of the detail will come out over the next few days.

Why are we British and Manx for that matter deemed to be such childish idiots that we are denied this kind of hobby should we so wish?

I believe that society needs to be protected from the sort of tit who wants to get his jollies off by playing with pretend guns. Its not a "hobby" its an obsession for the socially inept who can pretend they are big men because they are sad enough to own a pretend gun.

Even if it does count as a hobby the sort of people drawn to that "hobby" should be locked up anyway as they are invariably psycho's, losers, or people with personality "issues".

Good on the cops. I'd be taking no second chances.

it just seems that this guy is going to be branded a loony

What kind of person is out on the street at 5.30 am with a replica gun and why?

Maybe he was going to rob the milkman ?

Or waiting for the post office to open?

I believe that society needs to be protected from the sort of tit who wants to get his jollies off by playing with pretend guns. Its not a "hobby" its an obsession for the socially inept who can pretend they are big men because they are sad enough to own a pretend gun.

Even if it does count as a hobby the sort of people drawn to that "hobby" should be locked up anyway as they are invariably psycho's, losers, or people with personality "issues".

I believe society needs to be protected from people who make such sweeping generalisations about others' characters/habits etc. It's more than a bit silly at best.

I also believe however that anyone waving a weapon (real or replica) around in public deserves to be locked up if nothing more than for being so utterly stupid.

Archived