Coke Seized

Pat Ayres

Seems that £160,000 worth of coke was seized last night, police aren't saying where and from whom though. (something about them being from Liverpool, big suprise)

How much is £160k worth of coke? Is there a big enough market on the island and, if so, why?

These folk will be going down for a very long time indeed.

Seems that £160,000 worth of coke was seized last night, police aren't saying where and from whom though. (something about them being from Liverpool, big suprise)How much is £160k worth of coke? Is there a big enough market on the island and, if so, why?

Yeah well that part is called Geography. I'm sure that's what you meant and you weren't going for a cheap and not really very realistic stereotype.

£160,000 street value = 3200 grams at £50/gram. 3 kilos!

That'll be 14 years Sir......

I can see the logic of your estimate, but the value of drugs seized by the police is always about three times higher than the actual street price.

It would be interesting to know how the police get their figures, maybe they send out a not very good undercover officer to buy a sample "basket" of drugs and he keeeps getting ripped off

And how come Copycat/MCB hasn't come on slagging off the drug importers for doing it in the first place. I mean what's wrong with Manx grown cocaine?

I blame Tesco, the Sefton and the Byelaw Officer for this mess. Something should be done to help the local cocaine growers. Only then can the imports stop

There might well be a homegrown industry - when teaching in Popayan in Colombia my host grew the family bush in his garden (looked like a privet to me and I doubt if most people would give it a second look) - needed as a local dish was rice pudding with coca leaves on top - you could buy this dish in any cafe (as far as I could tell the coca had no obvious effect). Those working at high altitudes (ie above 10,000 feet) would often chew a bunch of leaves.

How much is £160k worth of coke? Is there a big enough market on the island and, if so, why?

Clearly there is a huge market for the stuff over here. The drug of choice of the rich and, in my own experiences the not so rich too.

There will be quite a few people from all walks of life on this Island wondering if they'll be able to get their supply this weekend. I'm sure they will and doubtless they will be introduced to another person in the network who always seem to have plenty of the stuff. Seems cocaine is becoming pretty ubiquitous.

How come so many people are so familiar with the value of this stuff?

:(

Archived