Isle Of Man Budget

Newsbot

:lol: Slight Tax breaks to pay for the increases that GB will deliver tomorrow

http://www.gov.im/lib/news/treasury/8mainbudgetspeec.xml

I did not see any tax breaks? The personal allowance is up by 2.7% (or so) against an inflation rate of 3.7%. That is effectively a tax increase.

However, hopefully the good news will be that you will no longer have to buy an annuity with your pension fund, and you will be able to leave and residual funds to your relatives, dogs home or whomever, rather than a greedy insurance company.

I'm not at all keen on the taxpayer funding the public sector pension shortfall. We've all had to take a hit on our private pensions, why can't government workers suffer the same? Now we not only have to fund our own shortfalls, but government workers too?

I'm not at all keen on the taxpayer funding the public sector pension shortfall. We've all had to take a hit on our private pensions, why can't government workers suffer the same? Now we not only have to fund our own shortfalls, but government workers too?

I am with you on that one.

Because government employees have a legally binding contract with their employer. Unless the IOM goes broke this must be honoured.

I would rather live as I do risking all with my own small outfit that work as a droid (*) for the government.

---

(*) - I would like to work for the DOT in the great outdoors.

Archived