Slavery Abolished - Not In The Iom

copycat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The IOM was involved in and benefitted from the Slave Trade. Its about time someone said sorry - on behalf of the people of the IOM and the Speaker is the person to do it.

Your complete lack of knowledge on the subject, your ignorance and your bigoted views are almost matched by your spelling skills.

However I do enjoy a laugh !

The IOM was involved in and benefitted from the Slave Trade. Its about time someone said sorry - on behalf of the people of the IOM and the Speaker is the person to do it.

Yep. Rubbish. Why should I say I am sorry to some people who were not affected by something I did not do in the first place?

The black slave trade of that period is a small part of the injustice of slavery that has plagued mankind since the birth of the human race. If one person is to apologise for slavery then everybody should, regardless of creed or colour.

Well only today as I was passing the Braddon Manx Independent cotton plantations I saw a slave approach his news reporting master asking for a brussel sprout so that he could feed his family for a month only for him to receive forty lashes of the whip for his impudence.

Well only today as I was passing the Braddon Manx Independent cotton plantations I saw a slave approach his news reporting master asking for a brussel sprout so that he could feed his family for a month only for him to receive forty lashes of the whip for his impudence.

You can see why he did it. It is because the world is getting too bloody soft. For that impudence, in my day, he would have had his balls shaved, his left leg cut off and then been made to walk to Foxdale and back, carrying Pam Crowe on his back and THEN had his forty lashes. And he would have been bloody grateful. :angry:

You lived in a septic tank? You were lucky.

I lived just outside the septic tank and had to clean it every day with my tongue. Then I got killed twice by my slave master, and all before breakfast! Which was a chunk of sewage. But only on Christmas day.

I lived just outside the septic tank and had to clean it every day with my tongue. Then I got killed twice by my slave master, and all before breakfast! Which was a chunk of sewage. But only on Christmas day.

You lucky, lucky bastard. Proper little slave master's pet aren't you. I wish I could clean a septic tank with my tongue. What I wouldn't give to clean a septic tank with my tongue.

You lucky bastard. I never had breakfast. You must have brown nosed your way to that one.

I had to crawl on my hands and knees across a field of broken glass to stick matchsticks in Pam Crow's shit before I even got up.

Italians going to apologise for all those Celtic slaves they took for the Roman Empire.

Given that slaves in the Roman Empire could, and often did, become freedmen and even reach high positions in the imperial admin, I think being one would have been preferable to being a free celt ... maybe that's why they were so rubbish in battle, losing frequently meant gaining easy access to the empire away from the kingdom of mud and rocks ;)

Apart from that, what did the Romans ever do for us?

They had pretty cool hats. A measure of the durability of an empire can be discerned from its headgear. Is it mere coincidence that the British Empire reached grander proportions than that of the French, and that a stately bowler or topper outclasses the beret in every respect? Of course not.

Back on topic:

People working for under the minimum wage aren't in a condition of slavery, but they are being exploited. Why ruin what could be a reasonable topic by bringing in the (irrelevant) illegality of slavery when the employers mentioned are already breaking the law in paying below the minimum wage? Why, damn you, why?

Archived