Uk Budget Impacts On Iom Business Propsects

copycat

Gambling

Gaming duty to be aligned to 15 per cent of profits.

Online gambling companies face a tax of 15 per cent if they apply for a UK licence, a level that will almost certainly mean most operators decide to remain offshore.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/f9b122da-d7bb-11db...00779e2340.html

what are the odds on the IOM benefitting?

Evil Cabal plc are rubbing their mitts together right now. This is just the opportunity they need to boost their shares and finally get to build the Giant Laser of Destruction under South Barrule. One day soon, the top of the hill will swing open, the weapon lift up on its platform and they'll destroy the moon, thus wrecking tidal systems, menstrual cycles and Moonbase Alpha.

Can it be just coincidence that South Barrule is an anagram of "A rush lube rot"? I think not. The omens are all there, and as usual, so are you Copycat. I salute you.

Can it be just coincidence that South Barrule is an anagram of "A rush lube rot"? I think not. The omens are all there, and as usual, so are you Copycat. I salute you.

He's got you fooled, too. It's actually an anagram of 'tubular shore' (a clue to where the invasion begins) and also 'saboteur hurl' which probably means that our food is going to be tampered with to make us vomit until we're too weak to offer any resistance. You can't expect copycat to make the warnings any clearer than that (believe me, you can't!), so please try to get it right - it's a matter of life and death, you know.

He's got you fooled, too. It's actually an anagram of 'tubular shore' (a clue to where the invasion begins) and also 'saboteur hurl' which probably means that our food is going to be tampered with to make us vomit until we're too weak to offer any resistance. You can't expect copycat to make the warnings any clearer than that (believe me, you can't!), so please try to get it right - it's a matter of life and death, you know.

Now that three of us know - does that make us a conspiracy? :)

...actually, it is possible that IOM workers could be impacted by the budget in terms of higher NI contributions. In other words Gordon Brown could have just given many of us a pay cut! Meaning a potential net gain for the IOM treasury.

Officials are finding out whether the proposal is covered by the reciprocal arrangements on national insurance, which would mean its automatic introduction here as well.

See MR

Archived