Manx Beer Prices

chufty

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe they are recognising they have a certain degree of social responsibility and are trying to discourage excessive alcohol consumption, at least among the poor.

...or have shares in Tesco.

we go to the Woody most Wednesdays evenings and on the one occasion I actually bothered paying attention, I was horrified to discover that the price of a pint of lager in there was £2.78!! and that was before the budget!

that's hardly a 'trendy' spot :)

still, it hardly matters. Who can honestly say that they are price sensitive to beer? We all have a good grumble when the price goes up, but at the end of the day will still buy it....

mmm.. beer.....

I went to the Ballacallin last night, where two pints (one of Bushy's, one of Okells) cost £3.70.

Beaming from ear to ear! Can't speak for my drinking compadre but the Bushy's was bloody LOVELY.

Admittedly, you've got to get there in the first place but - especially in summer - give me Dalby over Douglas any day*

*I can't believe I just typed that.

A few of us have recently taken to visiting the Railway since they redid it all (again). Some very nice beers on the menu there. Not stupid prices either I don't think.

haven't you noticed that H&B always put the price up not long before the budget?

- that way they get to move the price up a second time even more and have a nice way of blaming any tax rise for the amount of the increase

- think also of the extra Duty they collect - how long do you think it is before they pay it over to Govt after using it to earn interest on in the meantime.

Archived