Manx Beer Prices

chufty

Each month the treasury issue a list of average prices on the Island -goto-http://www.gov.im/treasury/economic/data/inflation.xml

For February 2007 the following was published:-

Manx Bitter per pint £2.28

Manx Larger per pint £2.68

Whisky per nip £1.46

So out you go just to check this Government information!!

John

March information should be available very soon.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet the brewery can't wait until the smoking ban then they can blame the reduced consumption on something other than the stupid beer prices (oh and the way they destroy pubs in the name of refurbishment).

Et Viola H&B Pants

Max Power:

Well that goes back to my previous point, if we just bring everything in, relying on UK retailers etc, there would be high unemployment and nobody to buy the stuff!

The Isle of Man core industry is the finance sector, not brewing. Forcing one woefully run business to either smarten up their act or face the reaper will not spell doom for the island. In fact given that it would improve the leisure experience for the rest of us it may even make the island a more attractive place to live.

Build endless flats, and no leisure facilities will give younger people nothing to do will hurt the island in the long term. Its about time that the powers that be realise that.

Et Viola H&B Pants

I dont get the fuss about the smoking ban. I went into two different pubs thes weekend. In one there was one smoker the other had two smokers. This is out of about 15 people in each pub. So those few people will have to go outside and smoke. What is there problem? If they want a piss they go to the toilet. They don't say "Ooh, Ooh, I am not going to that pub because I cannot piss on the floor where I am stood, and spray everyone else at the same time, they make you go to the toilet there!!!!"

So if they want a fag they can go outside. What is the problem?

Archived