Drivers On The Phone

Lonan3

The Mini driver's got both hands on the wheel, TOG is correct.

Edit: The Mini driver's got a hand on the wheel and one on the gearstick.

Right hand is holding a phone ,left hand is on the gearstick and she appears to be wearing a blindfold :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some guy in a Peugeot 307 was right up my ass on my motorbike on the way home 2 days ago, when I turned round to look at what his problem was it turned out he was too busy babbling away on the phone to notice he was about to catapult me into the countryside.

A few evil looks and some relevant hand gestures soon made him drop the phone and back off though. Careless w*nkers.

Actually I can see it now. It was only when I stood up, moved away from my screen and happened to glance back that I saw it properly. (If you can't see it try moving back from your screen - it's like one of those magic pictures :))

How is anybody seeing anything else other that the girls right arm holding a phone to her ear with her elbow near the steering wheel? :unsure:

It's not that hard to see is it?

Exactly!!!

At a glance it looks like the girls hair but its definetly a black phone!!

How is anybody seeing anything else other that the girls right arm holding a phone to her ear with her elbow near the steering wheel? :unsure:

It's not that hard to see is it?

I can't believe people are questioning it being a phone either. In fact, it's so blatant that she is holding something dark to her ear that the only question should be whether or not it is a phone or a burnt pastie. Just look! Either she has a third arm as people have suggested (and in which case I can't see the one 'holding the wheel') or she is on the phone. Perhaps the people who can't see this shouldn't be driving if their eyesight or perception is so poor! :ph34r:

In fact, if she really is holding the wheel then she really has a problem as it would appear that the arm doing so has begun life by a hand growing out of her ear (backwards) then growing into a forearm. Maybe there's another hand at the other end gripping the wheel but I suspect this isn't the case at all - look.....

post-125-1175086420_thumb.jpg

Since Amadeus has been taking an interest in this thread, can we expect SID (Safer Island Driving) to launch a campaign on the subject in the same way that it did about speed limits?

More than happy to, especially as we now have better means of doing so - SID is a proper non-profit organisation now (Ltd by guarantee) and there's even some money in the kitty. Big question is, though, what sort of campaign would work best? The picture posted by modey certainly had an impact, so maybe something along those lines... There's some other stuff coming up as well, hopefully all launched before TT.

And she's definitely on the phone - looking at the number of views on that pic, though, she'll be famous by Friday and have her own reality show by Tuesday :)

Can we have a website where everyone can send these pics in, perhaps even part of the SID website, then once a week or something, an email could be sent to the police with all the pictures.

It's evidence that it's happening on a grand scale and that no-one is getting done, so put before them like this you would expect if it's done publicly they would have to try and do something about it......

Can we have a website where everyone can send these pics in, perhaps even part of the SID website, then once a week or something, an email could be sent to the police with all the pictures.

It's evidence that it's happening on a grand scale and that no-one is getting done, so put before them like this you would expect if it's done publicly they would have to try and do something about it......

I was thinking of something like that before, but believe there could be certain legal issues if you put pictures of people on your site for everyone to see - not sure, though - anyone more knowledgeable on this? Even if it's not for the police, a sort of "Is this you" campaign sounds tempting, but not if legal trouble is part of it...

I was thinking of something like that before, but believe there could be certain legal issues if you put pictures of people on your site for everyone to see - not sure, though - anyone more knowledgeable on this? Even if it's not for the police, a sort of "Is this you" campaign sounds tempting, but not if legal trouble is part of it...

Problem with that is if the driver complains you are likely to get done for breach of the peace ,been there done that :(

Archived