Half Life 2: Part 2

3allz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More? That's preload #8 if it is. There was a chunk a few days ago, you just not run Steam for a while?

I was playing CS:Source last night. Booted PC this morning and a messagebox appeared saying it was unlocking HalfLife 2 files then had another preloading stage which lasted only 5minutes. Following that nothing changed though :( I'm confident it had already completed the relevant pre-loading phases (everything is set to auto-update). Bizarre

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what time of the day it will be unlocked for Steam buyers? Can't seem to find anything definitive. A few Australians I know are convinced it will be 6pm in the evening for that, which would make it 6am here and hence about midnight in America, which might make sense.

Need to know if it's worth taking the day off :) If it's not going to be activated until afternoon or evening, it hardly seems worth it.

I will probably check it in the morning before work and if it's live, I'll call in and book the day off. The more I think about it and the more I remember how pissed off Valve were that they were held back on the Steam release by VU, the more I think it will be 00:01 American time (No idea where Valve are based so dunno if that will be EST/PST)

Archived