Half Life 2: Part 2

3allz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gabe came out and said there would be no TFC:S. TFC itself was only a port of the original TF designed to keep the peons happy who'd been whinging about no TF2. No doubt all 18 people who play it will continue to whinge about a lack of TFC:S now.

I'd expect to see TF2 sometime early in the spring. Along with Duke 4 hahahah.

hi all

well it looks like HL2 Deathmatch will happen, it was said on a HL2 site that vavle have put it into the game, i think they are going to be giving us a patch sometime soon to activate it.

some guys are playing it now, all you need is the right commands to be typed into the console

Tooly :P

Counter-Strike 101,179 42,668 2.800 billion

Counter-Strike: Source 22,576 5,649 508.875 million

Counter-Strike Condition Zero 15,241 9,088 543.086 million

Day of Defeat 7,018 2,260 167.133 million

Natural Selection 1,336 502 39.023 million

TeamFortress Classic 962 772 29.368 million

6th out of about 50 mods :P

http://www.steampowered.com/status/game_stats.html

And TFC wasnt created instead of TF2 to keep people quiet... TF was created by a bunch of aussies on the quake engine, then valve stole it and created TFC with HL engine... then few years later, TF2 was a brainstorm.

And:

Half life 2 death match

There appears to be a way to activate Half-Life 2 Retail Multiplayer gaming by doing the following:

Type the following commands into the console in order to setup a server. To get the console up either press the ~ key or put -console after your shortcut or go to steam > play games > right mouse button on half life 2 > launch options > put -console there.

net_start

sv_lan 0

deathmatch 1

maxplayers (whatever you want)

map (mapname ie hl2mp2.bsp)

restart

To connect to a multiplayer game just type:

"connect" followed by the IP address the port number is usually "27015".

Example: connect 127.0.0.1:27015

Supposedly its a bit xxxx though

6th out of about 50 mods :P

Or 0.78% of the active HL community, whichever sounds most pathetic.

And TFC wasnt created instead of TF2 to keep people quiet... TF was created by a bunch of aussies on the quake engine, then valve stole it and created TFC with HL engine... then few years later, TF2 was a brainstorm.

A little history my young subject.

TF2 was first rumoured in November of 1996. This was when they announced that they were developing it as a mod for the "new" Quake 2. That lasted until about 1998 when they announced it would be a mod for Half-Life. Then in (I think) 1999 they said they would make it a stand-alone game. TF2 was originally supposed to be available shortly after the launch of HL1.

An annoucement from Valve in 1998

Well folks, Team Fortress ™ 2 will be here shortly and community sites are popping up all over the web. Clans are starting to form, Tournaments are being planned, and information pages are being posted. If you haven't checked out the sites yet, be sure to visit our links section or visit PlanetFortress.com for more information.

The 1.009 patch of HL added TFC on Apr 07, 1999, some three years after TF2 was mooted. This mod was developed in house by Valve when they were developing their own SDK for release to the general public. What better way for them to test a mod making package than by making a mod for it?

Go do a search at http://www.bluesnews.com/ for TF2 or TFC in the archives and you should get a more accurate picture of the TF2 story.

TFC itself was only a port of the original TF designed to keep the peons happy who'd been whinging about no TF2. No doubt all 18 people who play it will continue to whinge about a lack of TFC:S now.

TFC wasnt created inplace of TF2 is what said.

It goes TF > TFC > TF2,

not TF > TF2 > TFC

Bought it this afternoon (sat) - been playing for a couple of hours - well impressed

with the GFX, very impressed with the physics.

In a word, SUPERB!

In the "air-boat" thiny zooming thru the canals at the moment, so still a good bit to go by the sound of things.

I'm stuck in Water Hazard. Can anyone help?

I've come out of a long sewer tunnel, then gone up this wall to get around the corner: screenshot

Then under the bridge with a train on it: screenshot

And at the end of that you can either turn left, where there is a damn gate: screenshot, or right where there are 2 boats blocking your path: screenshot

And there's a helicopter shooting at me the whole time.

Archived