[BBC News] Inmates praised for study success

Newsbot

Good to note my Tax is going to the needy fnarr.... However, it is a serious shame genuinely hard up Students dont get the HELP they deserve.

Apart from having their entire fees paid for them by the government, as well as the maintenance grants, and access to hardship funds and bursaries that most decent universities offer to everyone, you mean?

Good to note my Tax is going to the needy fnarr.... However, it is a serious shame genuinely hard up Students dont get the HELP they deserve.

Apart from having their entire fees paid for them by the government, as well as the maintenance grants, and access to hardship funds and bursaries that most decent universities offer to everyone, you mean?

Yeah to be fair the Isle of Man is not exactly miserly in its funding for further and higher education when compared to... pretty much anywhere else!

I have no complaints about prisoners getting an education - one of the aims of prison is rehabilitation, after all. I'd rather they were learning skills useful to holding down a regular job when they get out rather than falling straight back into criminality.

This is what should be happening in prisons.

If they can turn around people who have ended up in there then i say its money very well spent.

Think of the money wasted on the police, courts etc

I think prison should be a place where people take stock and turn negative into positive.

Archived