Charterhouse Group Announces 78 Redundancies

slinkydevil

we know who the Dean guy is who is the Lantry guy?

Role: Chief Executive Officer

Located in: Isle of Man

Direct Line: 01624 818373

Email: eugene.lantry@charterhouseint.com

Experience At 16 Eugene Lantry joined the family practice and at 20 became Ireland's youngest qualified accountant. Eugene went on to join the Institute of Taxation and enjoyed a career in taxation and auditing with his family's firm for twelve years.

Prior to joining Charterhouse Eugene was a Management Consultant with PKF and Managing Director of Syfrets Group International, part of the Nedcor Banking Group.

Eugene has been a member of various local and national committees on behalf of professional bodies and his employers.

Joining the Founders of Charterhouse in 1996, he has a number of professional qualifications including FCCA, FCPA, AITI, MSI, TEP and MREC Cert RP.

Areas of expertise and specialization

As well as being Group CEO, Eugene has extensive experience in taxation and product development.

From Cork in Ireland, Eugene enjoys social golf, collecting contemporary art, music of all genre and telling stories of his diverse sporting background.

http://www.charterhouseint.com/About-Chart...ene-lantry.html

From the Charterhouse web-site - makes you wonder if he's got the experience in product development what;g 's he been developing to move the co forward and less dependant on FPS (Freelance Professional Sevices?)

Also from the Chaterhouse web-site:-

http://www.charterhouseint.com/charterhous...br-seminar.aspx

Sandra Robertson, Group Director of Operations at Charterhouse went on to welcome the document in terms of aiming for a level playing field within the industry, something that Charterhouse have been calling for directly with the Revenue. “We are committed to continuing to work within the Revenue guidelines to provide products and services to the recruitment industry,” she went on to reassure that, as with previous changes in legislation and procedures, Charterhouse will continue to work closely with their business partners and keep them updated.

There is no doubt that the document issued will create a lot of media coverage and some strong emotions but despite this there will still be a demand from both agencies, their end clients and contractors for company provisions. Charterhouse urge agencies to read the proposed legislation carefully and make informed choices when selecting their service provider.

Also:-

http://www.charterhouseint.com/Charterhous...udget-2007.aspx

Commenting on Budget 2007, Eugene Lantry, Group CEO of Charterhouse Group International said,“It is clear that the Treasury have listened to the feedback provided in the consultation period. Charterhouse is all too aware of the concerns being raised by the owners of recruitment businesses and their anger at being dragged into the situation that was not of their making.

The actual definition of a managed service company is eagerly awaited. Charterhouse Group provides a diverse range of services offering accountancy, tax and factoring services to UK businesses, back office administration to recruitment companies as well as corporate and trust services to international clients. Charterhouse was established 20 years ago and we look forward to working with our clients and business partners into the future.”

notice a lack of any hint at retrenchment which surely must have been considered at the time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah so a bit more looking and here on a deleted page is more on FPS:-

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:GKwsj...cd=36&gl=uk

Freelance Professional Services Limited is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission as a Corporate Service Provider.

Address: Bourne Concourse, Peel Street, Ramsey, Isle of Man, IM8 1JJ.

Charterhouse Corporate Services Limited is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission as a Corporate Service Provider.

Address: Bourne Concourse, Peel Street, Ramsey, Isle of Man, IM8 1JJ.

Charterhouse Lombard Limited is the marketing company for the Group's corporate services and trust divisions and is incorporated in the UK with a branch office registered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

from the 2006 Times list:-

David and Carole Dean

RESULTS 2006 Ranking Worth Industry

888= £65m Business services.

David, 43, started the Isle of Man corporate service provider Charterhouse Group International, valued at £65m, with wife Carole, 43.

RESULTS 2005 Ranking 751= Worth £65m

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...rich_list_2006/

My reply to Copycat: the managers and directors of Charterhouse are hardnosed, professional businesspeople. Due to changing circumstances they have had to change their business - hence the lay offs. Do you think they shouldn't be doing this? The people involved are experienced, as your CV copying shows, and successful, they've built a business to the extent they are on the rich list - good for them. To do that you have to hire and build when necessary and fire and retrench when necessary. Its tough for the people involved, but if companies don't do it they go bust. Its important that the Island has successful companies that can adapt - we all want employment and that requires companies to be run profitably!

Having the UK treasury decide to take action to make your business less profitable is very difficult to plan for (do you know what is in the next budget?) - its happened to Charterhouse and they are having to take radical action to survive. I respect people who can do that - its a tough job to fire people - but a necessary one; and if they save the business and allow it to prosper in the future: good on them for making and taking the hard decisions.

Companies also have to be professional and have some consideration for its staff,

It is not fair to call in 100 staff and say right, your job is gone and here is £500 for your trouble

David Dean got his £65m from staff that were loyal,return the loyalty with honesty and their welfare.

David drives a £200k car and hires private jets to fly anywhere

If the company is going to be split up and more redundancies will follow, let the staff know now,and Directors open your office doors and talk to the staff.

Surely Charterhouse are in trouble for not informing IOM gov about redundancies,

HR director was apparently quoted as saying this was all planned months ago.

Most companies use private planes because if they fly often it work out better for them.

A lot of them buy into the plane share sort of thing you pay so much a year for the use of the planes it is also tax deductible, as for his car i bet it say's charterhouse on the log book also tax deductible.

What he has earned and what he is worth has got nothing to do with the staff, they are employed to do a job full stop.

Also the staff are on tempory one year contracts which means they can fire you anytime they want read the contract.

As i said business is business this is how they make their money.

I think China summed it up right :rolleyes:

I would say there is nothing unsubstantiated,

As per copycat, David Dean is reputed to be worth £65m,as per Sunday Times rich list

The Sunday times will not print this unless you provide proof.

We all see him driving his customised Aston Martin Vanquish v12 and he did fly around the world on a pritate jet playing golf in 6 continents(which was well covered in the press).

My Manager has told me what the redundancy package is going to be,after they agree a price on the sale of part of the company.

I' m just saying goodwill and staff loyalty has to have a price.

There is an old Chinese saying "you know how a company values you the day you leave"

Definatly think a buy out is the reason though. It is just a shame that these people are losing out. Most of these people work in Ramsey for the sake of their families etc so they hate the thought of going to work in Douglas. Unfortunatley they will have to now.

The whole thing just seems to stink a little and it wasn't just admin staff that went. a lot of them were management and the redundancy packages will be shite!!!

Charterhouse were a company that the staff had a lot of respect and loyalty for, not any more. I don't think they will need to make any more redundancies as the ones left will soon be ofski to somewhere else.

is there an advocate about who can advise if its possible and what the wording should be for a clause in a future employment contract that stipulates precisley what the redundancy pay will be as a minimum, i.e. not just the statutory minimum but say equivalent to 3 / 6/ 9/ 12 months pay - that way you will know what your going to get if any employer pull sthe plug on you again. is this feasible? if not why not?

is there an advocate about who can advise if its possible and what the wording should be for a clause in a future employment contract that stipulates precisley what the redundancy pay will be as a minimum, i.e. not just the statutory minimum but say equivalent to 3 / 6/ 9/ 12 months pay - that way you will know what your going to get if any employer pull sthe plug on you again. is this feasible? if not why not?

http://www.manx-telecom.com/default.asp?id=10

Because if you went into an interview with a prospective employer and raised the subject of redundancy packages the interviewers next words would be the door is over there.

Do you actually live in the real world?

*edit. I don't know why I asked that. I think we all know the answer

Archived