Charterhouse Group Announces 78 Redundancies

slinkydevil

Looks like the page has been taken down :)

It was like that when he posted it. Which is why I mentioned he should check this stuff out before posting it on the internets blindly.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Companies also have to be professional and have some consideration for its staff,

It is not fair to call in 100 staff and say right, your job is gone and here is £500 for your trouble

David Dean got his £65m from staff that were loyal,return the loyalty with honesty and their welfare.

David drives a £200k car and hires private jets to fly anywhere

If the company is going to be split up and more redundancies will follow, let the staff know now,and Directors open your office doors and talk to the staff.

Surely Charterhouse are in trouble for not informing IOM gov about redundancies,

HR director was apparently quoted as saying this was all planned months ago.

Guest chunkylover
Companies also have to be professional and have some consideration for its staff,

It is not fair to call in 100 staff and say right, your job is gone and here is £500 for your trouble

David Dean got his £65m from staff that were loyal,return the loyalty with honesty and their welfare.

If the company is going to be split up and more redundancies will follow, let the staff know now,and Directors open your office doors and talk to the staff.

Surely Charterhouse are in trouble for not informing IOM gov about redundancies,

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story! As usual, comments made by individuals who know nothing about the process or how the company actually dealt with the redundancies at all. The redundancies were not "planned months ago". Staff are not on year long contracts. People weren't called in and told your job is gone and here's £500 for your trouble. If the company were based in Douglas, no-one would bat an eyelid.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story! As usual, comments made by individuals who know nothing about the process or how the company actually dealt with the redundancies at all. The redundancies were not "planned months ago". Staff are not on year long contracts. People weren't called in and told your job is gone and here's £500 for your trouble. If the company were based in Douglas, no-one would bat an eyelid.

But "My Manager" told me all this stuff!!!

Guest chunkylover

But "My Manager" told me all this stuff!!!

Actually no i work there and am one of the ones made redundant. So sorry to spoil your fun

in the UK you'd be lucky to find a job within 25 miles.

Utter tosh - I've lived in the UK for over 10 years now and can count on two hands the number of people I've worked alongside who do a ridiculous commute - and most of those are sales type people who cover a very large area anyway.

Guest chunkylover
He's being sarcastic. You lose your sense of humour too?

Not at all - it's a laugh a minute obviously

Just had my final one to one with my Manager today,

I hope to finish up on Fri 20th but I might be made work until the 27th

She confirmed the 2 rumours going about the office.

Our ex CEO Eugene had indeed been paid 3million as a bonus in January.

Also,although it will not affect me there is an other restructure going on at the moment,

This will lead to more redundancies over the coming weeks

I know staff will feel the money could of kept the company afloat,but it is too late to try to get the money back.

I am glad my Manager was honest as I do feel staff will respect the Companies openiness and honesty.

The Company want to improve communication and feel this will improve the atmosphere

Well david the money the guy got was probably a golden handshake as i think they sort of knew this was going to happen i even remmember reading it somewhere that the loop hole was to close.

What they should have done is told you all that there is a chance you will lose your jobs that way you could have started looking.

Regarding keeping the money to keep you in job don't make me laugh, you are working for a private company that has to make a profit.

If you want a secure job i would look at the government.

I know someone who has just been to an interview for a government job and she told me 1/2 of the people there waiting to be interviewed were all polish.

Seems like there is plenty of compettion for these jobs.

Good luck finding a job hope you get sorted.

I did here a rumour that your ex ceo has got a job at the tax office.

Our ex CEO Eugene had indeed been paid 3million as a bonus in January.

I know staff will feel the money could of kept the company afloat,but it is too late to try to get the money back.

Yes I'm sure refusing to pay people bonuses could have kept the company going for longer, but there are such things as contractual obligations etc. How would you "get back" money that is paid to an employee / director which he is probably legally due in respect of services performed.

My Manager is a board member so it came from the horses mouth,

With regard to the question did he earn it,apparently not

His target was based on Revenue and objectives.

As everybody knows Charterhouse's business was halfing every year,so Revenue targets were never met.

One of his objectives for end of 2006 start 2007 was for the smooth transition of all the business to a new product

He purchased 10,000 one man companies at £100 a company.(£1m cash) bad mistake!

This cost the company a big chunk of cashflow.

Inland Revenue would not accept this,so all these companies had to go,and so did Eugene Lantry.

My my, so many different opinions.

I lost my job at Charterhouse too.

I live in Douglas and happily commuted to Ramsey daily, so no big deal then for the Ramsey heads to commute to Douglas... If they can get a feckin job in Douglas that is! So many people on this forum assume the issue is the travelling, I worked within the IT department, and I am so struggling to find a new job anywhere on the Island to accommodate my skills, looks like I'll have to learn how to be a Payments Administrator, plenty of them jobs knocking about.

Oh, and then there is the salary drop to consider, will an Admin wage cover the mortgage previously paid for by a skilled IT professional wage? Maybe a smaller house then, the kids/wife will love that. I think my point is there are more things to consider than just single out the obvious manx thing with the driving issue.

Everyone who lost their job or who is about to lose their job has my sympathy, it's a rough ride.

Hope the others affected are having more luck finding a job than me!

My my, so many different opinions.

I lost my job at Charterhouse too.

I have to say you have by deepest sympathy with your situation. However I did take exception to ddavid1111's comments. When the administrators of this site have already taken a legal beating on other things quite why he feels he needs to post personal details about his employer's salary and bonus together with accusations as to why a particular person shouldn't be paid it is astounding.

Amongst other things, as has been commented by other people, its highly naive and unprofessional.

You would expect people in the corporate / CSP field to be aware of the omnipresent danger of litigation regardless of the personal situation they find themselves in. Particularly if they are looking for alternative employment.

Archived