New Resident On The Island This Summer

Albert Tatlock

Having a few friends who are estate agents/surveyors on the island, it appears that after his 70th birthday next year, John Prescott the deputy labour leader (after the labour elections in the summer) intends to retire to the island. He and his wife have been looking at a few properties over here over the past six months, and have been on at least one property mailing list for nearly a year. Apparently he has a major shareholding in one of the local shipping companies as well as a small cruiser already registered here.

After the next UK election and his official retirement, he is also already seriously talking about his involvement with the local community on the island, and I am reliably infomed may well seek involvement on the Legislative Council - or with the DTI, acting as 'an ambassador' for the island as his 'contribution' to 'settling in'.

Things chould get interesting to say the least!

Ah it's that day of the year again :rolleyes:

Manx cats to be DNA-spliced with Rottweillers, to create pre-docked puppies.

Steam Packet to buy new vessels with reliable gearboxes.

DOT announce that all the major roads will be resurfaced properly, not just the TT course.

Ramsey Bakery to rebrand as world leader in organically-produced specialty bread.

New roundabout plans revealed for Quarterbridge:

magi01.jpg

Well Mylchreests will be ok if he does come, he will have his 2 jags and i bet he will want 2 more from the manx government. :lol:

I welcome another leech to the isle of man :o

After all he is only after the tax breaks, he might put a few MHK's noses out of joint at the lodge too lol

Could I just say that apart from my obvious msPaint job on myself, this photo is quite genuine and was taken when the Anglo-Irish Celtic thingummy was on in the Villa a couple of years back. The photo was taken by one of the many minders present who are of course stood behind the camera out of shot.

I wrote a letter to John (!) thanking him for allowing the photo and I was more than pleased to receive a reply. I was well questioned when they took the photo btw. I think he was genuinely pleased that someone wanted to be photographed with him.

Archived