[BBC News] Disaster planner makes US visit

Newsbot

I would have thought the Yanks would have been asking for people to help give them info on disaster planning???

I suppose you could learn from the Yanks how 'not' to do it - ie hurricane Katrina!.

He is here to give tips on how to deal with an island disaster. Does this mean he is going to tips for the IRIS scheme?

...or maybe even work at the DoT - who seem quite capable of planning disasters.

I don't see what all the fuss is about disaster planning. We have the fire, police, ambulance and other rescue services who seem to have coped for years - and who I'm sure are perfectly capable and have plans even for leaks at Sellafield, shipwrecks, bombs at gov HQ etc. etc. It seems people can even get degrees in scaremongering these days - I bet he even gets his own uniform.

istockphoto_310044_boy_in_a_policeman_s_uniform.jpg

We've already got the smoking police on order - it'll be the CO2 cops next. We are being fooled people.

I would have thought the Yanks would have been asking for people to help give them info on disaster planning???

I suppose you could learn from the Yanks how 'not' to do it - ie hurricane Katrina!.

Yeah. Why travel out there at taxpayer expense to be told - just stick some choppers up, shoot the looters and and f**k the poor.

What can the Yanks possibly tell anyone about disaster planning?

More wasted money to me.

Archived