[BBC News] Water play feature opens in park

Newsbot

I think it's a kind of fountain/sprinkler kids play thing. It's replaced the paddling pool in Mooragh Park which had to go due to health and safety reasons. I mean a kid could have drowned in it.

Obviously they couldn't have drowned in that filthy brown lake that is 5 yards away :rolleyes:

The paddling pool was crap anyway, It was dirty and probably cost a fortune to maintain, When it was empty there would be broken glass and loads of tyre marks from bicycles.

Just looked crap!, Still not sure what this thing is though, Could be funny if its a random sprinkler thingy with People walking past!

It's replaced the paddling pool in Mooragh Park which had to go due to health and safety reasons. I mean a kid could have drowned in it.

I nearly did!

Anyway, isn't a paddling pool a "water play feature"?

It's replaced the paddling pool in Mooragh Park which had to go due to health and safety reasons. I mean a kid could have drowned in it.

I nearly did!

Anyway, isn't a paddling pool a "water play feature"?

Indeed - but not the first of its kind in the Isle of Man so not as exciting as this!

I would love to see the TT Putting come back with a modern design.

a revamp would have been good for ramsey with the 100 years this year.

I've seen these fountains in the States and in Europe and from experience kids and adults have lots of fun trying to dodge the water :)

Bit like rain is it ? :lol:

Yeah and seeing as we don't get much rain on the Island it'll be a nice treat for all concerned.

Archived