Smoking Ban - The Isle Of Man

%age

A smoker with some sort of clogged bloodflow system? Who'd have thought it eh?

I'm surprised you smoke in your cab at all. I know that if I got into one that stank of fags I'd get straight back out again and get another. Even if, ironically I know, the only time I'd be in a taxi would be when drunk and probably smoking myself.

I don't want to personalise the discussion too much. However, the SVT appears to be a family trait - my mother suffered from it as did her sisters.

I also accept that being a smoker (and being overweight) are contributory factors.

As for stinking of fags - regular valetting and a decent air freshener seem to obviate complaints - and, as I seem to recall you saying in another thread that you won't use taxis (for other reasons than smelling of fags), I don't think I'm going to lose much business from your objections to it! :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and, as I seem to recall you saying in another thread that you won't use taxis (for other reasons than smelling of fags), I don't think I'm going to lose much business from your objections to it! :)

Well I'm stumped. I can't find where I said that.

and, as I seem to recall you saying in another thread that you won't use taxis (for other reasons than smelling of fags), I don't think I'm going to lose much business from your objections to it! :)

Well I'm stumped. I can't find where I said that.

Although I was pretty sure I was remembering it accurately, I'd better withdraw the remark as I can't find it (the number of threads involving either taxis and/or smoking making it damned difficult!)

As a matter of interest, however, of the 1,000 people questioned in the recent survey, only 5 asked for non-smoking cabs, while 2 asked for more smoking cabs! It just goes to prove, I suppose, that you can't please all the people all of the time!

Archived