[BBC News] Website launched for TT centenary

Newsbot

The Isle of Man TT Races, which celebrates its centenary this year, launch a new website.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6530795.stm

Maybe if you went to the effort of writing a press release for this it might have been helpful to remind people WHAT THE DOMAIN NAME IS. Is it the same, is it a new one, even if its the same remind people what it is. How else are people going to key in and find the bloody thing.

Clueless.

Maybe they would click the 'RELATED INTERNET LINKS' to the new site like every other BBC news story does [although granted they fucked that up by putting in a fullstop]

Perhaps it is you that is clueless?

The link still does not work, and its down to the BBC who've put the related link in. Any release mentioning the launch of a new website should include mention of the domain name. A child would know this is obvious. I'm surprised that people who are employed to market the TT can't even get the basics right. Its a waste of effort to me.
The people "who are employed to market the TT" didn't write the BBC Article. They issue a press release (which does have the website address on it) and then the BBC re-write it in their "style".

The link still does not work, and its down to the BBC who've put the related link in. Any release mentioning the launch of a new website should include mention of the domain name. A child would know this is obvious. I'm surprised that people who are employed to market the TT can't even get the basics right. Its a waste of effort to me.

But it is BBC policy not to put URL's in the body of their news articles. Even if you Press Release it to them, they put it as an external link. That's the way it is on all sections of their website - not just for the IOM. So it's nothing to do with the people employed to market the TT.

Archived