[BBC News] Manx branch for Homeless charity

Newsbot

I dare say they will take out more from the Island than they will give back.

Sounds like an income generating exercise to me, putting a bit of guilt onto a generally affluent population. Nobody needs to be homeless over here. They can get help from the DHSS (and elsewhere if they choose to take it).

I'm really looking forward to the day when a smackhead/alky starts selling the Big Issue outside M+S

Perhaps these 300 homeless could be housed in the many, many apartments springing up around the place.

It would be interesting to know how this figure was calculated and what qualifies as homeless.

An experienced outfit like Shelter could advise Govt. on policies to forestall any homeless crisis and could be a useful resource for those in that unfortunate position.

All in all, I don't think it is a bad thing, although it may not be popular with those who would rather turn a Nelsonian eye on the problem.

Perhaps these 300 homeless could be housed in the many, many apartments springing up around the place.

They could even have families and still not fill the luxurious appt blocks we have so many of.

Ah yes we may well have them empty but it doesn't mean that they aren't all sold.

Tax dodging that's waht it's all about - meantime decent people can't afford a home.

What say you Mr Teare? (MHK Ayre).

Archived