Rpgs

Jeremy

Are there any decent RPGs out for the PS2 at the moment, (not final fantasys) I need a new game, Is there any games that use the FF battle sysytem or just a game with a decent deep story line, that dont take like a week to finish, I need something more dammit, I've played FF 7 through to 10 till I can't play them no more, I'm bored with them. Anyone?

try Dark Chronicle, one of the most involving RPG's I've ever seen. Don't be put off by the cartoony graphics hidden beneath this is a massive adventure and a great story. All the levels are randomly generated meaning you never play the same dungeon twice, add to this the ability to invent different items by taking photographs, the mini-games and the fighting system and you have propably the best RPG outside of the FF games...

Ahh, you are after something a little refreshing Sir?

May I recommend "Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time" for you Sir?

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/017/017107.html

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

also known as:

Star Ocean 3

For four hundred peaceful years, humans and aliens have co-existed thanks to the influence of the Pangalactic Federation until one day without warning; the planet Hyda IV is attacked by an unknown superpower. Vacationing college student Fayt Leingod and best friend Sophia Esteed are soon forced into a series of events that sends them on a quest to save their loved ones and solve the mystery of who attacked them and why. Boasting more than 80-hours of gameplay and a highly strategic real-time battle system, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time is known best as one of the first RPGs ever announced for the PlayStation 2. And as an added bonus for American gamers, Star Ocean 3 contains all the same content and goodies previously available in the Japanese-only Director's Cut version.

IGN Score: 9.0 / 10

Reader Score: 9.2 / 10

Archived