Shock Closure Of Manx Roundabout Causes Triffic Mayhem

Fossils

"The department says a recent inspection showed the historic equipment needs refurbishing."

I would have thought an inspection at the end of each summer might be a better idea, to identify any problems that could then be fixed over the winter in time for the next season. The current approach sounds a bit DAFFt to me.

"The department says a recent inspection showed the historic equipment needs refurbishing."

I would have thought an inspection at the end of each summer might be a better idea, to identify any problems that could then be fixed over the winter in time for the next season. The current approach sounds a bit DAFFt to me.

The mystery is why the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry is responsible for a children's playground rather than Tourism and Leisure.

it could be worse - if given to MNH as the only water-driven roundabout in the British Isles we could have a 2 year rebuilding exercise, an expensive restaurant fronting a visitor centre and £5 car parking charge.

The mystery is why the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry is responsible for a children's playground rather than Tourism and Leisure.

And why the Dept of Tourism and Leisure is in charge of the buses, rather than the Dept of Transport.

And why the Dept of Transport is in charge of the sewers... etc...

it could be worse - if given to MNH as the only water-driven roundabout in the British Isles we could have a 2 year rebuilding exercise, an expensive restaurant fronting a visitor centre and £5 car parking charge.

Not a bad idea, in my book. (Except for the car parking charge, does MNH charge for parking anywhere at its sites?)

They could also revive the automaton gnomes that used to be a feature of Silverdale.

Its a wonderful thing the camera obscura, shame the 'up their own arses' Victorian society had to be the ones to fix and maitain it.

Calling the Victorian Society....

Calling them what this time?

A thanks from me to the Victorian Society for the Camera Obscura anyway. And while I'm at it MNH too - visited Laxey wheel over Easter for my first visit since part of the main adit has been opened. Very impressive and a real sense of history there. Would be a lot happier to see MNH look after the roundabout than DAFF I must say.

I guess my post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek - on thinking about it maybe MNH could make a go of it - the cafe is already there - the paddle boats and roundabout were always a major draw for the kids and there are good walks up the glen.

No they don't charge for car parking only for entrance unless you are a member (life membership is very good value especially if you visit UK often)

Not a bad idea, in my book. (Except for the car parking charge, does MNH charge for parking anywhere at its sites?)

They could also revive the automaton gnomes that used to be a feature of Silverdale.

Does anybody know where the gnomes are hiding?

They were in residence when the Manx Energy Advice Centre people were down at Silverdale.But since they have moved out due to hike in the rent I wonder where the gnomes are and who actually owns them.

Archived