Halo 3 Beta Due In May...

K.os Theory

• 1 month later...
having never played halo can somebody tell me what the big attaction is?

Beats me, I never rated Halo or Halo 2.

I think they've been elevated to a status far beyond what they deserve because they really pushed the XBox and delivered an FPS experience that was mighty fine by console standards.

However, for those of us who've been playing FPS games on the PC for years and years, it was just a case of, "Yeah wow another FPS, amazing, I just can't get enough of the crappy level design and seriously repetitive endgame......"

Halo 2 in particular was a proper snoozefest IMO.

Can't say I'm at all excited about Halo 3.

for me it was more the single player experience, especially the first game...add to that the ability to play through the story in split-screen co-op, great weapons, pretty decent AI and some funny enemies. Got to admit found the second game very dull ( especially the covenant missions ).

I'm just looking forward to seeing what Halo looks like on the new machine, some reviews have been saying that the graphics won't blow you away but there are some interesting elements being added to this instalment ( bubble grenades anyone ).

Anyway's one day to go till the beta is released, I'll be there getting my ass whiped by some 13year old american kid whilst being called a noob!

3 hours 39 minutes to go ;)

Hey chopley, I remember playing halflife, counterstrike and Day Of Defeat all on :blink: Dial-up :blink: so dont give me the

ChopleyTurnip Posted May 13 2007, 03:13 PM

However, for those of us who've been playing FPS games on the PC for years and years,

'Ol Chestnut.

B)

Access to Halo3 through Crackdown is now workin :):) i can feel a severe bout of man flu coming on.... Ughhh i feel really terrible ;)

So Digga, how's it shaping up on the Beta, i've not had a chance to get on yet ( tonite's the nite ), be honest now! ;)

Access to Halo3 through Crackdown is now workin i can feel a severe bout of man flu coming on.... Ughhh i feel really terrible

So Digga, how's it shaping up on the Beta, i've not had a chance to get on yet ( tonite's the nite ), be honest now!

Well i had to go in to work yesterday :angry: but i did manage a few hours on it last nite and to say once you get to grips with the extended loading times and some of the options not working everytime (ie invite friend option) its good, very good , mind you it really depends on what you are expecting. Me i love it and still haven't got my head round some of the new weapons i do like the new very nasty hand grenade :) bit like a stielhandgranate but with barbs so it dont fall off :unsure::ph34r::blink: .

Plus its very Pretty for a Beta

got an email from a friend who said that you couldn't invert the Y axis is this true? I can't believe that even in a beta code they haven't added this option. :huh::blink: It could seriously hamper my enjoyment of the beta :unsure:

I'll be on it tonite, so if we can get the friends thingimy working i'll fire you over an invite ( or vice versa )...

got an email from a friend who said that you couldn't invert the Y axis is this true? I can't believe that even in a beta code they haven't added this option. :huh::blink: It could seriously hamper my enjoyment of the beta :unsure:

I'll be on it tonite, so if we can get the friends thingimy working i'll fire you over an invite ( or vice versa )...

Yeah I heard this off stubby this morning K. Said he spent a lot of time running around with the gun pointing at the sky!! :lol:

Yeah I heard this off stubby this morning K. Said he spent a lot of time running around with the gun pointing at the sky!! :lol:

i'm dreadin it slinky, i'm gonna be in the same boat, shooting nothing but air and my own feet for a bout an hour! oh well it's only a game! :lol:

Archived