Your Health To Be Decided By Politicians!

local skeet

Have a read of this article on iomonline.co.uk

Now Politicians and others in the Isle of Man will decide your future treatment and not your Doctor!

This is another true example of a Lady not popularly elected to the Legislative Council by the people of the Isle of Man, now deciding how your health, or your families health will be treated or not treated as the case may be.

Politicians will look after the IOM purse strings - Doctors should look after your personal health :angry:

I am disgusted and appauled at this backwater decision.

local skeet

Oh noes, I will have to agree with you on something, wasn't Pamela Crowe the DLGE minister and/or the waste management exec?

In a completely unrelated train of thought (honest, this has nothing to do with the above Mr Lawyer)

Is it not time we had a cull on vaccuous inane wastes of space in our decision making populous?

Politicians have always had the final say in NHS funding allocation, haven't they?

I have to say I think the panel is a good idea, politicians inevitably decide the funding anyway. However to me this is back to the argument about elected Legco members as a "politician" to me is someone elected by the public. Why should a person who is not medically qualified and not elected by the general public have any control over the process.

It would be nice to see an MHK on the Committee at least

Archived