Help Wanted

chufty

We are looking for volunteers to take part in a timekeeping test day scheduled for this Sunday the 22nd of April.

Many improvements have been implemented for the Centenary TT Races which includes the latest software release for the RACEMANN timekeeping system. Ideally we would like people to do two complete laps of the mountain circuit, (not at race speed!) so that we can emulate a practice session and a race. Vehicles can be of any type, ‘fully road legal of course’ and full instruction will be given on the day.

This is your chance to play an active part in the preparation for TT 2007! Names need to be submitted before the test day so that the database can be put together in time.

All those who are interested in volunteering their services please call us on 687059 or e-mail us at paul.phillips@gov.im.

Refreshments will be provided.

So, is it not incorrect of me to deduce from the email that chufty is paul phillips who has something or other to do with the TT

Anyway, I'll be their

So, is it not incorrect of me to deduce from the email that chufty is paul phillips who has something or other to do with the TT

The "us" bit may mean that it's not necessarily Paul Phillips himself

Anyway, I'll be their

You'll be their what?

As I understand it you are then technically in a time trail and I know that my insurance doesn't cover that.

Only if you are competing in some sort of event. You would merely be testing equipment as an unpaid (except for tea and biscuits) volunteer.

Archived