Coming To Save Your Life? Or Maybe Not.

copycat

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6559415,00.html

So, how many paramedics are there on the IOM and on duty? - is there one available for every ambulance call out? what how much training do the IOM ambulance personnel have? can they adminsitare drugs etc?

I am worried for if my dad has a heart attack will someone able to deal with him turn up or just someone to take him away? what if the emergency was at your place - who would you want to come to help?

whats the score??

So, how many paramedics are there on the IOM and on duty? - is there one available for every ambulance call out? what how much training do the IOM ambulance personnel have? can they adminsitare drugs etc?

I am worried for if my dad has a heart attack will someone able to deal with him turn up or just someone to take him away? what if the emergency was at your place - who would you want to come to help?

whats the score??

1. Enough

2. Yes

3. Sufficient

4. No, but they can administer them.

5. The former.

6. Given the response time of Home Run pizza (about 30 mins) and The Ambulance (under ten mins in most cases) I would not be calling home run pizza. "Can I have a thin crust defibrillator please, with conductive gell and adrenaline topping please ?" Perhaps you want to call a plumber ? Ghostbusters maybe ? Who you gonna call ?

7. 6-0

Thanks for playing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6559415,00.html

whats the score??

There are not always Paramedics on every emergency call out, vehicles may be staffed by two technicians on some occasions during the week. Usually 4 ambulances on duty during the day and 3 at night, however this is normally only on weekend nights. Other nights there are only two ambulances as they won't cover the south station with overtime and they are left with only a responder which may be a paramedic or technician.

Training is very good, better than the pay!!

Archived