Hmoney Launderer Proving To Be Popular On The Island

%age

As "Ken Rijock, of Miami, is a self-proclaimed veteran of more than 100 successful domestic and international bulk cash smuggling operations and is now putting his expertise and experience to preventative use as a financial crime consultant," doesn't that simply show that people involved in our finance industry are genuinely concerned to improve the island's image?

What could possibly be wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with what he is doing as such.

Even considering our finance industry, it is amazing that the Island has so much interest in the subject and it perhaps goes to show our involvement in Money Laundering or rather the prevention thereof.

Maybe 100 years ago if there was some expert on how to rob lobster pots or sabotage fishing nets, the Villa would be packed out.

Nothing wrong with what he is doing as such.

Even considering our finance industry, it is amazing that the Island has so much interest in the subject and it perhaps goes to show our involvement in Money Laundering or rather the prevention thereof.

Maybe 100 years ago if there was some expert on how to rob lobster pots or sabotage fishing nets, the Villa would be packed out.

Er.. He does not actually teach people how to launder money. Rather what to watch out for to thwart the intentions of those who do.

Your point is clearly to suggest that the Island is a centre for money laundering. I would point out that any place that is home to one or more banks is potentially a centre for money laundering. So your point is?

If you are in the finance sector, you are under an obligation to be up to date on money laundering techniques so that you can spot them, its called CPD (continuing professional development). This man has invaluable experience which can illustrate some of the techniques. As the AML rules tighten up, so will the money launderers' ingenuity in finding ways around them. You may as well be aware of how the system is used from the inside.

Although, how this man has survived having assisted money laundering of South American drugs money and now defected 'to the other side', is beyond me!

As "Ken Rijock, of Miami, is a self-proclaimed veteran of more than 100 successful domestic and international bulk cash smuggling operations and is now putting his expertise and experience to preventative use as a financial crime consultant," doesn't that simply show that people involved in our finance industry are genuinely concerned to improve the island's image?

What could possibly be wrong with that?

Nothing, only like the Police and Insurance companies employing ex-cons to see how good car and home security systems are. Forward thinking if you ask me.

I wasn't intending to imply there was anything wrong with this chap coming over for a chat with our Finance Sector. It is just the huge amount of interest that has been shown that amazes me.

It is clearly a prominent aspect of the Finance Industry on the Isle of Man. There must surely be such a lot of people necessarily working and interested in the field of Money Laundering. Maybe the fact there are all these hundreds of people involved then there is no room whatsoever for the Laundering of Money in this Island.

I wasn't intending to imply there was anything wrong with this chap coming over for a chat with our Finance Sector. It is just the huge amount of interest that has been shown that amazes me.

It is clearly a prominent aspect of the Finance Industry on the Isle of Man. There must surely be such a lot of people necessarily working and interested in the field of Money Laundering. Maybe the fact there are all these hundreds of people involved then there is no room whatsoever for the Laundering of Money in this Island.

There are a ridiculous amount of people with designated compliance/AML responsibilities on the Island and in addition the legislation makes the offences extend to individuals (e.g tipping off). I'd also wager he's damn site more interesting to listen to than a lot of the people the ACSP have in to speak to them.

If you (%age - and I don't know your business) had someone a) who sounds interesting; B) speaking about something that is a massive issue for your industry/profession and c) had to do a minimum amount of Continuing Professional Development per year then I'm sure you'd be looking to go.

Archived